Under general supervision of Finance Manager plans and administers accounting systems to provide records of assets, liabilities and financial transactions; advises supervisor on accounting problems; prepares and submits periodic financial statements; brings up discrepancies to the attention of supervisor in accordance with the ABIG financial policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains accounts or supervises subordinates in such accounting activities as cash sales, credit sales, CRV, receivable and collection
- Prepares financial statement, payroll calculation, reconciliation bank statement, vender ledger with payable accounts and stock balance with subsidiary ledger;
- Ensures the recording of description, location, value and other pertinent information of all ABIG owned equipment, buildings and other property;
- Prepare statements reflecting appreciated and depreciated values;
- Monitors all subordinates are doing the duties efficiently and effectively;
- Conducts financial investigations into such matters as high overhead costs, suspected fraud, abnormally high inventory, use of working capital and deviations from predicted or budgeted profit;
- Provides advice on matters related to accounts;
- Develops, installs, and maintains budgeting systems to control expenses;
- Conducts periodic inventories to keep records current;
- May follow up approved loans and credit facilities;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- BA Degree in Accounting & Finance
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience; preferably FMCG, Merchandising and Import Export company experience
- Please mention your current salary and expectation in the email body.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged
Required Knowledge & Skill
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Effective time management skills, self-motivated, critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Analytic and detail-oriented, with good organizational skills
- Self-motivated, high initiative and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked and fast paced environment
- Solid understanding of accounting practices and principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with a high degree of proficiency in Excel and Word deadlines
How to Apply
- Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their application letter and updated CV (without any supporting documents at this stage) via [email protected] and/or
- Please mention "Junior Accountant" in the subject line of your email, candidates who do not follow the application instruction will not be considered.
- Due to the large volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
N.B. Candidates are encouraged to only apply online.