ZOA supports those affected by violent conflicts, natural disasters, and chronic poverty in fragile states, irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, or age. By working alongside communities, we contribute to signs of hope and restoration, supporting people to overcome hardship and rebuild their lives. Inspired by our Christian faith, we provide relief, hope and recovery to people impacted by conflicts and disasters, as we work towards a world where people have hope and live dignified lives in peaceful communities. We value people, we are faithful, we are good stewards, and we serve with integrity. In Ethiopia, ZOA delivers innovative, and ground-breaking projects in Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH, TVET, Humanitarian Relief, and Peacebuilding, with a strong focus on inclusion, participation and sustainability, thereby achieving lasting positive change.
We value our employees and offer a wide range of benefits to meet the specific needs of our staff and their families.
This position will work to technically all Livelihoods and energy activities at Dolo Ado level for both refugees and host communitiies. Likewise, this position is responsible for supervising and assisting all energy interventions in Dolo Ado.
Typical Responsibilities – Key end Results of the Position:*
Typical Responsibilities include:
- Preparing project implementation plans for energy and livelihood intervention
- Prepare weekly plan and report of the livelihood and energy activities.
- Compiling reporting and reports to project coordinator
- Working with camp as well as host community level UN, gov’t and other officials to ensure smooth implementation of the energy and livelihood intervention in Dolo
- Ensure technical quality and accuracy of ZOA Dolo energy and livelihood projects;
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites to verify quality/progress of energy and livelihood interventions.
- Supervise and help social workers in their daily follow up of supervision and follow up of activities.
- Technically support the briquettes producing cooperatives in raw materials collection, production of the bio-mass briquettes, and sales process to sustain their business.
- Handle the briquettes distribution/sales process in Buramino refugee camp
- Conduct home to home visit to livelihood business owners, VST graduates.
- Undertake assessment and case study reports on some specific best practices and lessons learnt.
- Follow up of VST and BDS training sessions.
- Acquaint new agricultural technology & disseminate to the rural community
- Performs other related tasks as required
Dealing with Problems:
The Livelihood and Energy Officer will work with both the project coordinator and program manager to provide consistency of reports and get guidance from both sides.
Communications and Working Relationships:
The Livelihood and Energy Officer will work with all relevant stakeholders, government agencies and internal ZOA departments to ensure the smooth implementation of livelihood related programming as Hitsats level.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc Degree in Business and economics, Rural development , or relevant social sciences with related field experiences.
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant professional experience regarding livelihoods and energy and environment related interventions
- Experience in planning and implementing or managing programs aimed at increasing cooperation in resource use between groups with a history of violent conflict.
Skills Specific to the Post
- Commitment to the vision and mission of ZOA Relief |Hope| Recovery;
- Excellent understanding of local context preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to work in hardship conditions.
- Knowledge of Somali language will be an asset.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply via ethiojobs.net by sending your CV and a motivation letter indicating your suitability for this position to before the due date
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in your CV or motivation letter. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years .
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.