|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)|
|Job Title||:||National Creative Hub Communication Expert|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, April 24, 2020|
|Application Deadline||:||Tuesday, May 5, 2020|
United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
Position: National Creative Hub Communication Expert
– Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
– Start: 1 June 2020, end: 23 November 2020 (with possibility of extension)
– Closing Date: 05 May 2020
1. Developing an integrated communication strategy for the Hub incorporating PR, Marketing and Online.
2. Implementing communication plans to increase brand awareness and recognition for the organization.
3. Developing relationships with key media to secure and grow media coverage both online and offline (national and international level).
4. Writing Ethiopian press releases for local and national media.
5. Facilitate partnerships and oversee communication activities, that effectively promote the organization and its
6. Creation and development of print and online advertising, email marketing, web site management and content development, press releases, by lined articles, papers, corporate videos and marketing collateral, RFP review and
development, marketing budget development and cost tracking.
8. Organize different events to promote the hub and good communication practices.
9. Develop content for social media, websites, newsletters, press releases, and any other distribution channels.
10. In collaboration with HUB manager develop weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the decision-making body (Management board).
11. Plan, create and oversee the design, content, and production of marketing materials.
12. Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
13. Coordinate all public relations activities.
14. Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
15. Maintain a keen understanding of HUB trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding
communication strategy surrounding them.
This appointment is limited to the specified project(s) only and does not carry any expectation of renewal.
How to Apply:
• To apply please use the following link:
• WE LIVE AND ACT WITH INTEGRITY: work honestly, openly and impartially.
• WE SHOW PROFESSIONALISM: work hard and competently in a committed and responsible manner.
• WE RESPECT DIVERSITY: work together effectively, respectfully and inclusively, regardless of our differences in culture and perspective.
• WE FOCUS ON PEOPLE: cooperate to fully reach our potential –and this is true for our colleagues as well as our clients. Emotional intelligence and receptiveness are vital parts of our UNIDO identity.
• WE FOCUS ON RESULTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: focus on planning, organizing and managing our work effectively and efficiently. We are responsible and accountable for achieving our results and meeting our performance standards. This accountability does not end with our colleagues and supervisors, but we also owe it to those we serve and who have trusted us to contribute to a better, safer and healthier world.
• WE COMMUNICATE AND EARN TRUST: communicate effectively with one another and build an environment of trust where we can all excel in our work.
• WE THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND INNOVATE: To stay relevant, we continuously improve, support innovation, share our knowledge and skills, and learn from one another.
• Advanced university degree in Communication Studies, Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations with a specialization in Manufacturing Industry.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic is required. Fluency and/or working knowledge of another official UN language and other Ethiopian languages is an asset.
Field of Expertise
• A minimum of 3 years practical experience in the field of communications, PR including business start-ups, with particular emphasis on fashion and/or sales. Experience at the international level involving technical cooperation in developing countries. Exposure to the needs, conditions and problems in developing countries.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|