|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)|
|Job Title||:||National Creative Hub Coordinator|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, April 24, 2020|
|Application Deadline||:||Tuesday, May 5, 2020|
United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
Position: National Creative Hub Coordinator
– Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
– Start: 1 June 2020, end: 23 November 2020 (with possibility of extension)
– Closing Date: 05 May 2020
1. Elaborate and coordinate the development strategy of the Hub for the next 5 years, with a particularly focus on creating networks at continental and international level. Manage day to day initiatives and operations.
2. Responsible for organizing initiatives and events promoted by the Hub and set up synergies with regional-international hubs: facilitating the collaboration between the business world as well as stimulating new inspirations/ideas, networking, sharing achieved results, and exchanging best practices.
3. Create and maintain networking contacts with a focus on establishing synergies with social innovation’s organizations: networking events with public actors (universities, schools, public institutions, etc.) and private individuals (companies, associations, NGO's, etc.).
4. Promote cultural and business activities to stimulate multidisciplinary debate and exchange: efficiently provide incubation service practices for start-ups and possibly accompanying investments led by international investors.
5. Manage local, regional and international relations of the Hub.
6. Manage, oversee and direct all aspects of the Hub’s operation including letting, memberships, finance, sales, marketing, and events.
7. Create a collaborative environment among creative hub members through events or other focused initiatives.
8. Ensure that workspaces are fully operational, and processes are running smoothly.
9. Maximize the Hub’s revenue by implementing proper cost-control measures, using commercial fairs to proactively promote the hub’s products/services. Getting involved international donors.
10. Establish the Hub as both an arts/ enterprise industry landmark and an active environment for the creative mind.
11. Strive to make Hub a wonderful place for all.
This appointment is limited to the specified project(s) only and does not carry any expectation of renewal.
How to Apply:
• To apply please use the following link:
• WE LIVE AND ACT WITH INTEGRITY: work honestly, openly and impartially.
• WE SHOW PROFESSIONALISM: work hard and competently in a committed and responsible manner.
• WE RESPECT DIVERSITY: work together effectively, respectfully and inclusively, regardless of our differences in culture and perspective.
• WE FOCUS ON PEOPLE: cooperate to fully reach our potential –and this is true for our colleagues as well as our clients. Emotional intelligence and receptiveness are vital parts of our UNIDO identity.
• WE FOCUS ON RESULTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: focus on planning, organizing and managing our work effectively and efficiently. We are responsible and accountable for achieving our results and meeting our performance standards. This accountability does not end with our colleagues and supervisors, but we also owe it to those we serve and who have trusted us to contribute to a better, safer and healthier world.
• WE COMMUNICATE AND EARN TRUST: communicate effectively with one another and build an environment of trust where we can all excel in our work.
• WE THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND INNOVATE: To stay relevant, we continuously improve, support innovation, share our knowledge and skills, and learn from one another.
• Advanced university degree in Economics, Development, Business Administration, Communication, Marketing or other relevant discipline with a specialization in creativity promotion.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic is required. Fluency and/or working knowledge of another official UN language and other Ethiopian languages is an asset.
Field of Expertise
• A minimum of 7 years practical experience in the field of creative/marketing industries sector and/or business start-ups, with particular emphasis on Customer service and/or sales experience. Previous experience in cultural products marketing. Familiarity with local institutions and, developing and maintaining key stakeholder relations is an asset, including experience at the international level involving technical cooperation in developing countries. Exposure to the needs, conditions and problems in developing countries.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|