- Company: Includovate Research Center PLC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Includovate is looking for a passionate individual who loves research, communicating cross-culturally and being organised to fulfil the role of Office Manager. This is an all-round position – you will help organise all researchers, ensure human resources and finance run smoothly, manage all logistics for the office, be the key liaison with the Australian office, you may have to fill in when people take leave, help to write proposals, arrange events, etc.
Your role will be to manage, inspire and motivate a number of staff to ensure operational excellence, employee engagement and service improvement for clients. You will continuously seek to improve service-delivery, so Includovate can grow and achieve organisational goals.
We need you to exceed the expectations of clients and staff by reducing stress and chaos through clear decision making, communication, processes and reporting. You will report to the Managing Director of the Ethiopian firm and the Senior Operations manager of the Australian firm to support all functions of the business to work together.
- Ensure day to day service delivery runs smoothly by applying quality and compliance measures and continually seeking to improve the client experience and easing researcher pain/admin burden;
- Identify and highlight opportunities for service and process improvements;
- Take responsibility and accountability for the running of the office, including all logistics and supplies (continuous identify ways to save money and become more efficient through interaction/strategizing/problem solving with the wider team);
- Motivate and organise researchers and liaise regularly with the international Operations team;
- Take part in quality assurance activities, as needed.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATION
- Ensure all teams understand the performance of the business as well as the needs of their teams and have the information they need to manage effectively;
- Ensure the brand is used consistently and our outputs have consistent quality and branding;
- Represent the firm where needed, contribute to proposal development, communications/marketing and other revenue-generating activities;
- Work with HR staff to implement our unique performance management system;
- Advertise and develop job descriptions for required staffing;
- Work with HR to attract the very best external talent, onboarding and exit process;
- As part of a longer term capacity building strategy, build the capacity of colleagues and ensure the company maintains a capacity building performance management system and approach.
- Demonstrates commitment to Includovate’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, disability and age sensitivity;
- Is a wonderful communicator in written and spoken English and Amharic;
- Leads teams effectively and shows mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills;
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure;
- Is incredibly organised, adaptable and efficient;
- Has a commercial understanding of consultancy/social enterprise approach;
- Has a growth mindset, a can-do attitude and enjoys applying newly acquired skills.
· You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand.
· You’re concise and articulate in your communications
· You learn eagerly and rapidly
· You have a high level of interpersonal communication skills and can work in a fast-paced environment.
· You make wise decisions (people, technical, business and creative) despite ambiguity.
· You take smart risks.
· You are creative and curious.
· You are a democratic leader and reject command-and-control structures.
· You are a feminist.
· You believe in gender equality and equal opportunity.
· You have new ideas that prove useful.
· You have a thick skin and think of critical feedback as a growth opportunity.
· You are quick to admit mistakes and seek to learn from them.
Duration and hours of work
The Service Provider will work full time commencing in November 2020. A 12 month contract will be offered with a 4 month probation period and to be extended based on finances and successful performance.
Includovate is a research incubator that designs solutions for inequality and exclusion. Includovate believes in designing interventions and using research to reshape the social, political, economic and environmental systems that perpetuate injustice. Via the process of ‘systems change’, we focus on complex issues that affect the poor and excluded. We adopt an action-oriented approach to change mindsets and structural conditions that keep unequal systems in place. The result is bespoke and manageable innovations that lead to lasting gender equality and social inclusion.
We model our beliefs. We employ people living with a disability in our business, as researchers, employees, managers and advocates. We firmly believe that diversity is essential to ensure our solutions suit the maximum number of people. The more diverse the problem-solving process, the longer the solutions last. Includovate leads the way in using emerging methodologies and innovative practices.
As a social enterprise, Includovate invests the majority of its profits into independent research. It builds the capacity of researchers from the global south to lead, publish and improve the quality of the research performed in low-income countries. Includovate employs southern researchers to lead the design of solutions and collaborates with international experts who contribute to methodological excellence and theoretical knowledge. By helping more researchers of the Global South publish, Includovate shifts the power balance of knowledge creation to those with less power.
At Includovate we are committed to diversity, inclusivity and gender equity in the workplace, we seek to build an inclusive work environment where all employees feel valued and welcome. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance. Women, people with disabilities and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply. Includovate is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.