- Company: TechSoup
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Ethiopia
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: - Education/Teaching Jobs in EthiopiaNGO Jobs in Ethiopia
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
The TechSoup Courses team designs, develops, facilitates and delivers online courses, blended experiences, and live online events that help nonprofits worldwide support their mission.
Through the TechSoup Courses Program, the team enables nonprofits, libraries, and foundations to have the necessary knowledge and skills to improve how they deliver products and/or services to improve lives in their communities. Our online courses catalog has a wide breadth of offerings including management, fundraising, marketing, and digital skills training among many others. In partnership with Microsoft, the team has also produced and manages the Microsoft Digital Skills Center for Nonprofits.
Currently, the TechSoup Courses Program is experiencing significant growth and is looking for an Operations Specialist (OS) that will assist the Operations Manager and team with the administration of the growth of learners and courses to support the global expansion, and to implement processes that enable the smooth and reliable customer-centric operation of the program for learners globally. In the future the Operation Specialist will also assist with the migration of Learning Management Systems with emphasis on the ease of customer support in a multi-language, multi-currency, multi-payment system operation, with significant internal and external reporting needs, customer interviews, and resolving customer support tickets. The Operations Specialist will carry out daily operations for the program including responding to learner issues, assisting staff, partners, and contractors, providing Quality Assurance of catalogs and courses, hosting and assisting with live events, and performing other administrative and support tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with the Operations Manager and team to assess and carry out processes to ensure the department can keep up with demand for reporting, customer support, live event and course delivery, quality assurance, customer interviews for Persona Data gathering and maintenance.
- Analyze problems and recommend solutions on how to address problems.
- Provide day-to-day customer support, LMS support, and Quality Assurance of multiple course catalogs along with other reporting needs.
- Collaborate with internal and external cross functional teams to communicate event and course information, and resolve or escalate technical (LMS) issues.
- Support the Operations Manager to produce annual, quarterly, monthly reports on Learning Administration and Operations. Strong preference for knowledge of Power BI.
- Utilizes ticketing systems and project management tools like Asana and dashboards (in Power BI) to administer and track tasks within the Operations Team.
- Assist in training learners, staff and partners in the use of the LMS and other systems and assist in creating supporting training materials and documents.
- Host and/or support live events
- Create and/or produce digital marketing assets, copy material for email marketing or campaigns
- Strong preference for knowledge in French, Arabic or Portuguese languages in reading, written and spoken form.
- Demonstrated experience in successful customer support, an understanding of adult learning and experience in working with a global audience.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple teams (local and remote, across time zones).
- Ability to juggle a wide variety of projects.
- Comfort in working at a high growth and dynamic organization with changing priorities.
- Ability to extract and scrub data and help produce reports various cadences from yearly, quarterly, and weekly.
- Must demonstrate competence with Microsoft 356/MS Office (MS Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Google docs, Box.com, videoconferencing (Zoom, Teams, etc.), CRMs (Zendesk or other), and other such Project Management and software tools like Asana
- Experience working with several Learning Managing Systems and prior experience with CRMs.
- We are looking for an individual with exceptional attention to detail and follow through on tasks and projects.
- This job will require some early morning and evening hours to work with learners and partners across time zones.
- 3 years of experience minimum and knowledge of multiple languages besides English. Strong preference for French, Arabic or Portuguese languages in reading, written and spoken form.
- Copywriting experience preferred
- Knowledge of social media and marketing platforms preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience