Our company Alvima Foods Complex Plc. invites applicants who fulfill the following qualification and experience requirements to apply for the following vacant position.
Under the supervision of the Procurement and Logistic Manager, the job holder is responsible to receive purchase requisition, prepare weekly purchase plan, collect offer (proforma invoice) from local and foreign suppliers, prepare purchase committee minute and purchase order, collect the purchased items from suppliers, handover the items to the concerned warehouse and in return collect proper document (GRN) from the same and make purchase settlement. The job holder is also responsible to follow up purchase related issues at local banks, customs, shipping lines, insurance, suppliers and other external bodies under the supervision of and consultation with his/her immediate supervisor. In addition, the job holder is responsible to assist his/her immediate supervisor in logistic areas.
Specific Duties and Responsibility
- Prepares weekly purchase plan and communicate to the requesting departments after having approved by the immediate supervisor
- Collects the approved purchase requisition from his immediate supervisor and look for suppliers
- Collects an offer from local and foreign suppliers and submits to his/her immediate supervisor for further process
- Prepares bid notice and related documents
- Makes price analysis and prepares purchase committee minute to get signed by the committee members
- Prepares purchase order by the system and get signed by his/her immediate supervisor
- Makes request for the purchase advance payment either in cash or check or CPO as appropriate
- Collect the purchased items from suppliers and handover to the concerned warehouse. If the purchased items need the inspection of the requesting department, he/she takes technical personnel for verification along with him/her prior to collecting the items.
- Collect Goods Receiving Note (GRN) from the warehouse after having handover of the purchased items
- Makes purchase settlement on time based on the company policy
- The job holder is also responsible to follow up purchase related issues at local banks, customs, shipping lines, insurance, suppliers and other external bodies under the supervision of and consultation with his/her immediate supervisor.
- Assists the immediate supervisor in follow up and arrangement of logistics
- Prepares and submit weekly performance reports to his/her immediate supervisor
- Performs any additional jobs that may be given by his/her immediate supervisor.
Terms of Employment :- permanent after probation period
Required Number :- 1(One
- BA Degree in supply chain management, Purchasing, Business management and other related field of study
- 2/two/ years’ related experience after graduation
- Knowledge of principles and practices of sales and distribution
- Knowledge of customer handling and relations.
- Skill in oral communication
- Basic computer application skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply in person Alvima Foods Plc Adama factory ( Melka Adama Kebele in front of Tegem Food Complex plc. or through e-mail ( [email protected] ) having a copy of non – returnable CV, education credentials and service certificate until 24 th September, 2020.
For additional information call: +251228128888