Reports to: COO
East African Lion Brands is a leading FMCG manufacturing company in Ethiopia. Located in Bishoftu and comprised of three production facilities—Home Care, Personal Care, and Supplementary Food—the company’s portfolio includes Crown, Peacock, Vitex, and many other household essentials. East African Lion Brands is now hiring key positions to aid in the growth of the company, and a competitive salary will be offered for the right candidate.
We are looking for a skilled Planning Manager to coordinate manufacturing workflows for our three production lines. This position is responsible for determining and appropriately allocating resources such as manpower, equipment and raw material needs to efficiently cover production demand while meeting the schedules of our customers. The Planning Manager is assigned with developing and measuring production schedules in coordination with Production and Maintenance Managers, as well as monitoring operational metrics such as including capacity usage, waste, and overall output.
- Liaises with Sales team to determine customer requirements and forecasts;
- Reconciles demand with on-hand raw and finished inventories to determine resources needed to meet production needs;
- Coordinates resource allocation with Supply Chain Department;
- Establishes production timelines and manages progress in cooperation with Production Managers;
- Predicts production issues and plans accordingly;
- Communicates production progress with relevant stakeholders;
- Monitors raw material consumption;
- Periodically reviews Bills of Material to ensure demand assumptions are correct;
- Collects and assesses data regarding production performance against plan;
- Defines and gathers data necessary for the planning process (historical information, internal and external customer input, and market trends);
- Monitors raw and finished goods inventories, establishes safety stock thresholds, and assists Warehouse and Inventory Control Departments;
- Assists with new product development and product improvement projects;
- Prepares relevant reports for Executive Management and other stakeholders as assigned.
- Deep knowledge of manufacturing processes and resource allocation;
- Expert coordinator;
- Highly competent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills;
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- High sense of urgency and ability to make critical decisions;
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data;
- Ability to develop and maintain systems;
- Teamwork, leadership and motivational skills;
- Proactive thinking;
- Passionate about delivering excellence through continuous improvement;
- Attention to detail but also the ability to see implications for the bigger picture.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BA/MA degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related field;
- Minimum five (5) years of planning experience in similar sector (FMCG / Manufacturing);
- Management experience strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above listed requirements can send ONLY detailed C.V and application letter within 7 working days from the date of announcement to the following Email: [email protected] and [email protected]
Women are encouraged to apply and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing date of application: February 2, 2021