The Program Coordinator executes the daily work flow of programs or services within IIE under the direction of an IIE manager, but s/he is able to execute with minimal supervision. Carries out activities related to one or more of IIE’s education programs, including such functions as outreach and selection, event planning, training facilitation, communicating with grantees or prospective grantees, or other duties necessary to ensure quality implementation of IIE programs.?Provides guidance to other team members in the execution of tasks and day-to-day activities, and communicates the status of activities on a regular basis with the program management team and other relevant team members within IIE.?
- Works with relevant team members and stakeholders to coordinate outreach and recruitment of host universities and program participants through advertising and targeted email marketing. Reviews and processes applications for technical completeness and accuracy; follows up with applicants as needed to complete materials.
- Often coordinates and facilitate events logistics related to selection panels, study tours, program events, or IIE events. Events management responsibilities include venue management, panel packet preparation, and coordination of participant transportation and lodging. Travel will be required for onsite event facilitation and supervision.
- Organizes and sends out award notifications and follows up with awardees on their acceptances.
- Communicates regularly with relevant team members within IIE to ensure team members are aware of status and that all deadlines are met
- Drafts, designs and coordinate the mailing of program or alumni-focused communications in both English and other required local language. Obtains input from supervisor for non-standard communications as needed
- May assist with identifying new business opportunities for the office
This document is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this job description. IIE reserves the right to revise job descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Team members will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities
- Decision Making: Chooses from pre-defined product and service delivery alternatives, guidelines, policies and/or operating procedures to make routine decisions.
- Financial Management: Makes routine payments (i.e., participants, partners), handles mini-procurements and makes low-cost expenditures with appropriate supervisory approval.
- Interactions/ Types of Contacts: Regularly interacts with team members both within and outside of their department, as well as clients, participants, and partners in carrying out their work assignments.
- Interactions/ Purpose of Contact: Exchanges functional/technical information to carry out work assignments. Interactions with other are primarily coordinative in nature.
- Focus of Work: Work focuses primarily on executing specific work tasks in support of departmental goals.
- People Management: Accountable for providing work guidance and technical advising to others. May train and explain IIE processes, systems and internal/external knowledge
- Work Requirements/ Formal Education: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline
- Work Requirements/ Work Experience: Requires at least four years of gender related work experience.
- Level of Knowledge: Requires a basic application of a specialized body of knowledge. At this level of competency, a team member is required to apply knowledge in carrying out work assignments
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to process an often changing, workload with multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize under time constraints and pressures.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively on a team.
- Demonstrated multicultural sensitivity Interest in international exchanges and/or international experience
- Fluency in English and the local language, written and oral.
- Proficiency with MS Office 2010 applications including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook; internet software and database software
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
interested and qualified applicant should apply through the email below
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.