Shemu Group is a conglomerate company composed of Shemu PLC, Asveza Ethiopia Retailing Share Company other functional private limited companies with a fast growth track record. The Companies in the group engaged in manufacturing (liquid soap, bar soap, Edible oil and shortening products), retail service providing, printing, trading and engineering. Based on this, our sister Company, Shemu Management Consultants PLC want to hire competent, energetic, enthusiastic and capable applicants for the post we have.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages incoming payments, properly tracking them into the system to maintain accurate bookkeeping records;
- Filing of customer invoices, sales contracts and credit notes;
- Maintain bookkeeping databases and spreadsheets, updating information as needed;
- Communicate with previous clients and customers to request payment and arrange payment plans;
- Collect payment from customers and accurately record it into the system;
- Update client accounts based on payment or contact information;
- Minimize credit exposure by reviewing new and existing customer accounts to set credit limits and credit terms;
- Prepare and circulate monthly collection targets and update Management on collections on a weekly basis;
- Ensure customer queries/disputes are resolved in good time to facilitate collection of outstanding debt;
- Daily matching of customer receipts with remittance advice and updating the allocation in the customer account;
- Receive process and file withholding VAT certificates from customers and reconcile to Tax ledger;
- Process all manual invoices into the system and ensure they are properly filed;
- Recommend legal action for delinquent customers;
- Circulation of customer statements & reminder letters after 60 and 90 days;
- Regular reconciliation of customer accounts;
- Highlight to management problem accounts and recommend appropriate action;
- performing other duties as assigned.
- BA degree in Accounting, Management from a recognized university;
- Four years work experience in a busy Finance office handling credit control;
- Computer literacy, experience in using computer systems, Word and Excel;
- Good understanding of financial accounting and business processes.
How to Apply
Email applicants who do not follow the application instruction will NOT be considered.
Shemu Management Consultants PLC
Green Transport Services PLC