Under the supervision of Head, verify payments, follow-up credit sales collections; ensures that all collections are deposited to the company’s bank accounts, prepare payroll payments; follow-up purchase transactions; assures that all source documents are coded, summarized and recorded properly in there respective ledger accounts, prepares journal vouchers; checks bank reconciliation statements, reconcile customers and vendor statements.
Accountable to :
- Finance Head
- Verify that a ll source documents are original, correct and the amounts are true liabilities of the company.
- Check that all proper documents are attached with payment requests before preparing payments.
- Prepares payments as per the company’s financial policy and procedures.
- Follow-up timely collections of credit sales and cash on hand are promptly deposited in the bank accounts intact.
- Ensures that all daily cash collections and payments are recorded in the cash book and daily cash reconciliation made by the cashier.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation statements and follow-up adjustment entries.
- Verify petty cash payments and forward for approval to the concerned authorities.
- Prepares monthly payroll to all employees as per the attendance sheet, the authorization from Human Resources, and prepares reconciliation against previous month payments.
- Maintains insurance policies register for all the company policies.
- Check coding of all source documents and enter the transactions to the accounting system for posting.
- Prepares journal vouchers and post to the General Ledger after approval by his supervisors.
- Print all transactions before posting and verify the correctness and post to the accounting system.
- Maintains fixed assets register for company properties as per the financial policies and procedures.
- Prepares monthly VAT returns and follow-up refunds and settlements of liabilities.
- Assist the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and other management need driven reports.
- Participate in periodic and annual inventory taking of fixed assets and stocks.
- Assist external audit of the company and prepares schedules necessary for the audit work.
- Performance other functions as may be assigned by his supervisors.
- B.A. degree in accounting or finance at least seven years of service in any finance department.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Application, Practical and Proved Knowledge of Peachtree Accounting and other Accounting Software.
- Ability to analyze transactions and prepare financial reports.
How to Apply
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements can submit or send their application letter including CV and non-returnable copies of academic testimonials within 7 consecutive working days from the first publication date via the email address [email protected]