About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognized by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
As part of a global network, Grant Thornton’s Corporate Finance team helps domestic and international clients achieve their growth ambitions by providing advice on mergers & acquisitions, debt and capital raising, due diligence, valuations and financial modelling and their investments.
We have an exciting opportunity available in our Ethiopia Corporate Finance team for a Senior Associate. We are looking for someone who can share our drive, passion for our clients, culture and high performance. The Senior associate will report directly to the Transactions Advisory Manager and will be responsible for:
- Resolving regular, well defined client issues.
- Undertaking qualitative and quantitative analyses to develop and validate solutions.
- Ensuring compliance/due diligence to standard operating procedures/policies and relevant legislation in all aspects of work
- Meeting with clients to understand and analyze their businesses
- Conducting industry and market research required for feasibility studies
- Developing target lists of prospective purchasers or investors for sell side mandates and acquisition targets for buy side mandates
- Building detailed valuation and financial models for public and private companies, including sensitivity analysis
- Drafting valuation reports for presentation to clients
- Writing information memorandums for sale and financing mandates;
- Preparing presentations and proposals,
- Involvement in the departmental administrative duties, and
- Coaching junior staff.
- University degree in areas of finance, accounting or economics.
- Minimum of 4 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- 1-2 years’ experience involving analysis of financial statements or other financial information, including financial modeling with Excel
- Qualified ACCA, CPA or equivalent professional qualification is an added advantage.
- Excellent inter-personal, report writing and communication skills.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in conducting market study and financial due diligence is a requirement.
- Fluent in Amharic and English (writing & speaking).
How to Apply
Please make sure you state the position you are applying for on the subject of your email.
Only Candidates who applied on the CV format from the below link will be contacted.