|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency|
|Job Title||:||Senior Project Officer I - Capacity Building|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Monday, September 13, 2021|
|Application Deadline||:||Monday, September 20, 2021|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Position: Senior Project Officer I - Capacity Building
- Term of Employment: Full time
- Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
- Required Number: One
- Salary & Benefits: Competitive
- Application Deadline: September 20, 2021
• Lead integrated and sustained MSMEs capability building supports;
• Partner closely with ATA project teams, regional partners, and BDS providers to identify, align, and provide the most impactful supports that enhance the business skill and business model of MSMEs.
• Develop a deep understanding of the existing capabilities and training needs of MSMEs; and manage the designing, developing and customization of impactful training topics and contents.
• Assess and identify ATA projects MSMEs with a viable business model for AgriHub intake
• Diagnose the business models of ATA projects MSMEs and provide applicable recommendations.
• Develop an implementation plan and organize quality and effective business skill development training, suitable for each ATA project MSMEs; and report performance and brief progress updates for the Agrihub project team.
• Organize and conduct group networking workshops for ATA projects MSMEs to support with business linkage and experience sharing among each other; and report performance and brief progress updates for Agrihub project team.
• Conducted post-training and group networking progress evaluation to measure performances; and share key outputs and learnings with Project team and regional partners.
• Manage communications and coordination with ATA project teams, regional partners, and outsourced BDS providers to ensure effective planning and implementation of CoE and Networking activities;
• Collaborate with AgriHub team, ATA project teams, and regional partners to set KPIs and success metrics for CoE and Networking
• Ensure clear communication, coordination, and implementation of MSMEs capability-building activities between ATA project teams, regional stakeholders, and partner BDS providers.
• Communicate key issues, learnings, and priorities of MSMEs to AgriHub team, ATA project teams, regional partners and BDS providers to co-design initiatives.
• Own and manage workstream in order to ensure timely delivery of support to MSMEs and ATA project teams;
• Strictly follow the guidance provided by AgriHub Team Lead and develop an action plan and checklist for effective implementation of planned activities.
• Prepare and submitted biweekly quarterly, and annual reports for review and approval of AgriHub Team Lead.
• The MSMEs Capability Building SPO is responsible for additional interventions assigned by the Agri Hub-Team Lead to meet the Agrihub team’s functions.
How to Apply:
• We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) a CV (maximum 5 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
• Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• MA/MSc in Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Development Economics, Agribusiness, Finance, Management, Marketing, or other relevant subject areas.
• At least 6 years of relevant work experience in either one or more of the following: consulting, strategy, business development/management/administration, program/project coordination, investment facilitation, agribusiness, corporate finance, stakeholder management.
• Academic understanding of business topics (i.e. finance, marketing, investment, agribusiness).
• In-depth knowledge of Ethiopian trade and agricultural policies and strategies.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of various regional and federal level institutions; extensive experience in facilitating dialogue with relevant public and private stakeholders.
• Proven experience in designing detailed project implementation plans and coordinating with multiple stakeholders to drive timely execution and ensuring on-budget delivery.
• Outstanding interpersonal and stakeholder management skills; ability to communicate consistently, clearly, and effectively to influence a range of stakeholders in a cross-cultural environment.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic, with excellent communication skills and a highly collaborative working style. Knowledge of other local Ethiopian languages is preferred.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment, with an emphasis on high performance, teamwork, accountability, monitoring and results measurement.
• Self-driven individual with the ability to work with minimal supervision; demonstrated track record of organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills; and ability to work within a multi-cultural environment.
• A strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty, and desire to be of service
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|