In September 2019, after one year at a temporary school site, Pharo School will be opening its newly completed Grade 9-12 boarding school for female students in Asura, Homosha Woreda, Benishangual-Gumuz region. Fully funded by the Pharo Foundation, Pharo School Homosha campus is situated on 3 hectares of land and is made up of eight new buildings that include Administration, Classrooms, Library, Hall, Cafeteria, Student Dormitory and playing fields.
Pharo School Homosha is dedicated in its commitment to provide high quality education, along with ensuring its students are developing outstanding English speaking, writing and comprehension skills. This current academic year will be comprised of newly admitted Grade 9 students and returning Grade 10 students, with a total school population of approximately 120 students.
- A Procurement Buyer is responsible for identifying and procuring the goods and services that an organization requires.
- They identify material needs of the organization, find services providers who can supply these goods, negotiate for prices and arrange for the purchase and delivery of the goods.
- Identifying process problems and concerns and making appropriate recommendations for innovative solutions and corrective actions to achieve desirable results.
- Identifying customer issues and complaints and making appropriate recommendations for corrective resolutions and accurate answers to meet client needs and requirements.
- Distributing materials, parts and equipment’s to perform and complete project activities complying with organizational policies, procedures and standards.
Senior purchaser must focus on the following.
- Deep understanding and professional experience with Purchasing Contracts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent negotiation, customer service and consulting skills
- Strong market knowledge and experience in working across various functions
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives to the School Headmistress.
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- From known University or college BSc degree and above in business Administration, marketing, economics, Logistics, or a degree related to the specific Organization in which they operate , Diploma in business Administration, marketing, economics, Logistics with 5 years’ work experience or Level 4 with COC and 5 year experience .
- Related 3 years and above work experience.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- Assists in purchasing materials, supplies and services at the most favourable terms for the Pharo Boarding School.
- Qualifies vendors, evaluates bids, and negotiates prices and terms for purchased goods and services.
- Being a Buyer, monitors vendor quality, and maintains a current database of vendor information.
- Research potential vendors
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Review quality of purchased products
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses to School Headmistress
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
- Understanding of purchasing chain procedures
- Senior buyers are responsible for ensuring the material needs of their employers are met.
- Extensive experience in prioritizing and organizing work activities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within set deadlines and timelines
- Sound knowledge of cost control functions to perform cost control processes and make appropriate business decisions for multiple assigned projects
- Familiarity with designing process, inventory, project management, and arithmetic abilities to perform accurate calculations
- Proficient in MS word, excel spreadsheets, outlook, database and word processing software
- Fluent speaking and writing in, English, Amharic and Additional skill of Afan Oromo is best.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfil the job posting requirements can send their complete application packages to The Pharo School, via email@example.com . Please type the senior purchaser position you are applying for in the email subject line.
A complete application package contains:
- Detailed CV only 3 pages
- One- page cover letter
- A one-page list of four references with current addresses, phone numbers, SKYPE and email contacts
Review of complete application packages will begin as soon as they are received. Incomplete application packages will not be reviewed. In the event that an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process we reserve the right to appoint before the deadline. For this reason we encourage interested applicants to apply at the earliest possible time. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we will only be able to contact selected, short listed candidates.
Female applicants are encouraged