The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 11 Regional Offices, 33 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
Details of the vacant position
- Reporting to : – Board President – SG
- Terms of employment:- Contract for one /1/ year with a possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and executes internal and external communication strategies and tactics that will strengthen the NS brand, broaden awareness of its programmes, projects and priorities, and increase the knowledge of the impact of its work across key stakeholder (internal and external).
- Working closely with the NS Boards, internal stakeholders (employees and partners national society) and external stakeholders (government offices), s/he holds a distinct position with influence across all lines of corporate communication.
- Plays a key role in the communications within and outside of the NS.
- Supports the design, implementation and evaluation of the NS’s communications programme.
- Serves key adviser to the PR team.
- Oversees the activities of communication with the board members and work on documentation keeping a well-organized and updated minutes and signed documents.
- Develops and strengthens the relationship of the Society with stakeholders within and outside the Movement and makes synergized endeavors to promote mutual understanding and partnership;
- Organizes and directs the overall flow of information for a NS and Delivers written and verbal communications by designated deadlines.
- Ensures that adequate and effective procedures are in place and made effectively operational while communicating with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Follows up and facilitates the overall communication activities of the board and ensures that it is effectively and efficiently implemented;
- Play key role in creating and maintaining effective partnerships with stakeholders and proposes changes as deemed necessary
- Ensure proper communication has been done when responding to those requests that needs attention of board president.
- Fostering a system of institutional memory, the best practices, strategies and knowledge gained by National Society be reported and shared across all NS offices.
1. Qualification Requirements:
- Second/First degree in Communication, Journalism and communication, foreign language, Public relations, Business administration, International Relations, Marketing and relevant discipline
- 4/6 related years of work experience
- Willing to give voluntary service to the society with his/her own initiative.
2. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills in Amharic & English.
- Must have excellent computer skills particularly with software applications like Word and PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to function well in a team environment and networking skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively prioritize projects and multi-task.
- Must be an efficient time manager.
- Must be highly detail oriented.
- Must have good problem solving and decision making skills.
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to [email protected] before the closing date of this announcement on September 22, 2020.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.