VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 029/2019
( External only )
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
1. Position Title: Specialist, Regional Trade Market Surveillance
Job Grade: 7
Duty Station: Nekemte
Availability: – As soon as possible
Job Purpose: – The purpose of this job is to monitor the nature of all trading aspects of commodities in the Exchange market platform both in the outcry and eTrade system gather information on market behaviors as well as trade and analyze trade reports for each commodity to monitor market activities to ensure the integrity of the market; alert on market conditions that could threaten the market’s stability and recommends corrective measures on market or trade issues that affect price discovery.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the development of draft annual plan of the division cascaded from the corporate strategic plan and develops individual annual performance plan;
- Actively participates in the development and revision of policy, procedure, guidelines and standards of the Division;
- Gathers information on market behaviors based on trade observation and prepare analysis documents on such information;
- Researches and analyses international market reports for each commodity weekly, compares trends to local market and discusses findings with market surveillance manager;
- Alerts the market surveillance manager on market condition that could threaten the market’s stability;
- Monitors the nature and trading of all aspects of commodities in the Exchange on daily basis; conducts real time supervision of trader's behavior on the trading floor and Investigates tips and rumors related to trading, and alerts the market surveillance manager;
- Maintains Log on traders that violate the rules and prepares an incident report for investigation;
- Prepares periodic reports on trade surveillance findings, trends and analysis; and
- Performs other related duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
ABILITY & REQUIRED SKILLS
· Ability to perform analysis using economic analysis software
· Good communication , interpersonal analytical and critical thinking skills
· Demonstrates qualities of patience, vigilance and attention to detail;
· Demonstrates qualities of honesty and integrity ;
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- MBA\MA\MSc\BA\BSc Business Management, Marketing, Economics, Agribusiness, Accounting or Finance and other related fields.
- 2/4 years of relevant experience in surveillance, marketing, investigation or related areas
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: email@example.com or on www.ethiojobs.com or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O.BOX 17341, AddisAbaba before June 18, 2019.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.