- Company: Ethiopian Commodity Exchange
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 024/2019
( External Only )
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Job Purpose: The purpose of this job is to coordinate research activities of the Exchange; to lead research process activities of problem identification; research needs assessment, development of research proposals, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of research activities.
SUMMARY MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiates, coordinates and directs basic and applied researches in the commodity exchange setting;
- Conducts research need assessments in collaboration with chief Officers, managers and other staff of the Exchange;
- Designs and presents research objectives, methodologies and technics to the immediate supervisor;
- Carries out research on commodity exchange problems and challenges;
- Undertakes surveys to identify major bottleneck areas of the exchange and produce indexes;
- Researches and recommend best experiences and know-hows to the strategy and change management department as well as the Exchange;
- Encourages, coordinates and organizes forums such as short term training, workshops and seminars for the dissemination and exchange of research findings and other relevant exchange issues;
- Publishes and disseminates research findings and information in the form of journals, technical reports, proceedings and bulletins;
- Participates in the implementation of research monitoring and evaluation to ensure the research meets the required standards;
- Assists other external researchers who undertake commodity exchange related research in collaboration with ECX;
- Meets regularly with concerned staff to ensure that researches are carried out in accordance with the plan, latest scientific knowledge and best practices;
- Participates in developing research plans that detail the steps necessary to conduct research and revise the same as needed;
- Assists in establishing research policies and guidelines;
- Prepares performance reports monthly, quarterly, yearly;
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Required Qualification and Experience
· MBA\MA\MSc\BA\BSc Economics, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Marketing, Management or related field
· 2/4 years of work experience in relevant field
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: email@example.com or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa on or before May 19, 2019.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION & LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.