The Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) is an international conservation organization based in Germany. In Ethiopia, FZS focusses on the Bale Mountains, supporting the Ethiopian Government and local communities in conserving Africa’s largest tract of Afroalpine habitat on the continent and development of conservation-compatible livelihoods.
FZS is the implementing agency for a project entitled Conservation and Sustainable Use of Biodiversity in Ethiopia implemented in Bale Mountain National Park.
The Tourism Advisor post holder will be expected to review the existing Tourism Development Plan which is also summarised in the GMP. BMNP has extraordinary tourism opportunity, but needs substantial support from a tourism expert who can help guide concessioning to private sector partners, product design, contracting, implementation of the tourism plan, user guidelines and standard of procedures, gate fee collection, customer satisfaction, community tourism integration, trail design, conservation fees and best practice. The FZS Tourism Expert will mentor the EWCA tourism staff so enhance capacity and skills.
Key job requirements:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the nature-based tourism sector with strong experience in Africa and Ethiopia/;
- A MSc in tourism or related subject.
- Preferably experience of owning or running a tourism company;
- Preferably experience with wildlife and property management;
- Experience developing business plans for tourism operations
- Experience in concessioning and tendering tourism facilities;
- Experience with training local communities and tourism staff.
- Ability to work well with Governments and local authorities;
- Tourism marketing experience will be beneficial;
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- English speaking.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV to the following address:
Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS)
P.O. Box 100003
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or
[email protected] , or submit it in person to FZS offices in Addis Ababa, Dinsho or Bale-Robe.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Application deadline will be twenty-one days from the first day of announcement.