Front desk reception & administrative service
- Receiving and directing incoming calls to different staff
- Manage internal and external communications, receive and distribute office mail to relevant persons; prepare correspondence letters and memos as directed by immediate supervisor; maintain files and ledger for both outgoing and incoming correspondences and memos.
- Support the team with printing, scanning or copying documents
- Responsible for maintaining notice boards – keeping them updated visitors’ data.
- Manage the use of the Country Office stamp.
- Manage and timely dispense scratch cards for mobile and EVDO/CDMA to Country Office staff as per their allowance rates on a monthly basis; maintain a ledger to document receipt of cards and a database of receipt of scratch cards from store and issues to staff.
- Responsible for filing and record-keeping for documents ( like incoming and outgoing letters, etc.) as directed;
- maintain a proper central filing system, update files, create archives and maintain the confidentiality of the content of the documents. Make documents available to the immediate supervisor as required.
- Serve as secretary and record minutes of meetings.
- Follow-up on office administrative issues related to the day to day operations of the office premises and effectively provide regular updates to immediate supervisor.
- Undertakes any other assignment as advised by the immediate supervisor.
- Receiving and sending emails via courier companies.
Air ticketing service
- Handling air ticketing booking services as per the approved requests for local and international flights
- Issuing of air tickets and forwarding to the requestors according to their choice
- Finding safe and cost-efficient flight options in terms of timing and airlines
- Periodically processing of air ticket service payments and charging the budget before its expiry date.
- Participate in the service provider performance management process
Visitors support & Hotel service handling
- Facilitate the visa application to the country for international visitors
- Hotel accommodation booking for guests and arrangements for shuttle service as needed.
- Conference room arrangements and booking for events, meetings, and workshops with hotels for different conferences.
- Processing payment to a hotel service provider
- Generate visitors’ weekly update.
Administrative Petty Cash handling
- Handling petty cash for administrative and logistical activities
- Timely settlement of cash advance with appropriate documents as per the finance policy and procedure.
- Timely replenishment of cash to avoid stock out of petty cash.
- Generate weekly cash count and reconciliation report to the supervisor
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Educational Qualification and Experience
Minimum required qualification: Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Office Administrative Services Management, or Management or other related fields.
Minimum required experience: four years directly related experience in international NGOs, multinational companies, Embassies, etc.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
The closing date for the application is February 13, 2020. Qualified candidates should submit the application letter, CV and other credentials to the following address:
Plan International Ethiopia- Country Office, Oromia, Amhara, SNNP, Gambella PAs and Filed offices. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity,
welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.