The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Cashier , based in Jijiga.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles the delegation's cash disbursements and payments, including salaries and working advances.
- Prepares invoices for payment (by cash, check or bank transfer), Carries out daily cash count and reconciliation.
- Participates in cash-flow management, ensuring sufficient liquidity. Handles cash replenishment from the bank.
- Files and reports on relevant documents.
- Ensures respect for financial procedures and guidelines and explains them to "clients".
- Carries out secretarial tasks such as making photocopies, destroying documents and managing stationary stocks.
- Responsible for the bordereau sending/receiving/distribution.
- Applies information-management instructions and ensures compliance with procedures.
- Participates in organizing pick-up and accommodation (hotel, apartment, house) for staff and guests.
- Keeps all appropriate databases up to date on staff members, missions and other travel, document validity, residences and any other relevant information
- Organizes Welcome files, business cards, briefing programmes, and tours of the sub-delegation for new arrivals.
- Organizes the Welcome side of events/meetings/seminars, coordinating with the parties concerned
- Performs duties and tasks not covered in this job description and provides support to other departments when necessary.
- At least secondary school diploma
- 2 years confirmed practical experience in Cashiering or Office Assistant roles
- Driving license (manual transmission)
- Very good command of Somali and English language, spoken and written (Amharic is an asset).
- Intermediate level computer skills including MS Office suite, Sharepoint, IBM LotusNotes
- Skilled in the following competencies: Team work & Collaboration, Representing the ICRC, Beneficiary & Client focused.
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Sub Delegation in Jijiga OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date for application: February 28 th , 2021
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.