General Objective of Post
First contact person for visitors and as administrative assistant facilitate/support the office with administrative issues and accountancy.
Objective 1: Manage the Secretariat and Administration Duties
- Welcome visitors in a friendly manner and offer newspapers, refreshments, and so on;
- Receive telephone calls, transfer them to the persons concerned, note them down in the register and take messages as needed;
- Ensures the creation and/or regular updating of a list of contacts and addresses list (telephone, email);
- Organises and coordinates the director schedule;
- Reminds, updates and notifies the director of daily appointments;
- Prepares and organises information materials for the director and/or meetings;
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondences, prioritises and organises them;
- Maintains an office filing system, treating information confidentially, particularly in the areas of personnel and finance
- Labels files in accordance with the ECCA’s filing framework;
- Drafts replies and manages correspondence
- Draft emails and letters as needed and have them validated and signed by the appreporiate person;
- Photocopies, scans, and binds documents as needed;
- Assist in preparation of meetings, taking minutes as needed, and obtaining signatory of minutes participants;
- Maintain the ECCA members’ database on both soft and hard copies, and follow-up of members’ contribution fees on a regular basis;
- Record and categorize various requests received from ECCA members for further action, as well as record the measures taken;
- Maintains the office inventory list;
- Prepares annual leave schedule of project staff and keeps records of leave and other absence of project staff.
Objective 2: Managing Daily Cash
- Ensuring the financial management performs well in accordance with ECCA’s standard procedures;
- Complying with federal and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing compliance with the requirements;
- Facilitating internal and external auditing and providing all necessary documents to the the assigned auditor;
- Prepare Cash Payment Voucher/ Cheque Payment Voucher and ensure it is authorized by the authorized body before payment;
- Prepare withholding tax receipt for suppliers in cases of transactions exceeding the minimum WHT exempted amount;
- Make the Payment Vouchers signed by the payee;
- Prepare payroll, pay a monthly salary, pension, and tax to authorities within the same month of the transaction;
- Maintain up-to-date bank balance information and provide the information to the director for treasury forecasting and other staffs upon request;
- Maintains petty cash and makes disbursements as authorisation;
- Responsible for cash based on the vouchers collected daily, such as paying invoices, delivering and collecting documents;
- Effect cash, Cheque or bank transfer letter in accordance with the Cash Management Policy;
- Prepare Cheque payments and present to signatories for signature based on the level of signatories in the cash management policy;
- Reconciles the cash book and cash account daily basis;
- Reports promptly if the cash holding reaches a minimum level, as well as when there is surplus cash;
- Processes settlement of applications for the reimbursement of travel expenses;
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and monitors expenditures against budgets.
Objective 3: Manage the Stock of Office Stationeries
- Responsible for the inventory and consumption of office stationery stock;
- Ensures that the necessary office supplies are available;
- Report on a monthly basis on the stationary stock;
- Ensures that all types promotional equipment are available and detail information regarding undertaken promotional activities are registered in the proper format and document.
Objective 4: Event Management Duties
- Arranges visitor programs, makes travel arrangements such as booking tickets, flights, hotel reservations, transportation, and so on.);
- Organises and coordinates logistical aspects of planning, holding and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other events;
- Participate in organizational social events;
- Travel to different regions as the needed by the job.
Objective 5: Other Duties
- Purchases office equipment and supplies within budgetary constraints;
- Coordinates and monitors the service and repair of office equipment;
- Responsible of filling gaps for any additional tasks;
- Travel to regions as needed for the job;
- Maintain good relationships with financial partners (bank, tax office, other financial service providers, etc.);
- Performs other duties and tasks as directed by of Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Secretarial Science / Accounting or any related field;
- Minimum four years of non-profit managerial financial experience;
- Good working knowledge of communication technologies (MS-Office, phone, email, the internet);
- Strong analytical skill, good oral and written communication skill;
- Decision making skill, problem-solving skill, ability to work to deadlines.
- Accounting software (Peachtree), good working knowledge of communication technologies (MS-Office, phone, email, the internet), strong analytical skill, good oral and written communication skill, decision making skill, problem-solving skill, ability to work to deadlines
- Professionalism, Team work, Proactive, Motivational, Autonomy
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicant should apply through the address below
Address: Bole Kifleketema, Woreda03, Behind Bole Medhanialem Church, T: +251 987 848 888, Email: [email protected]
ECCA is steadfast to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave and gender-sensitive security protocols.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ECCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ECCA considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.