Under the supervision of the HR/Admin Officer, the HR/Admin Assistant will manage and update employee database, and provide general administrative and human resources support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and update HR files and electronic database
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained for both existing and new employees
- Overseeing the completion of compensation and benefit documentation
- Provision of staff identification cards, business cards, mobile telephone scratch cards (monthly), and other facilities.
- Focal person to ensure on boarding for new employees is completed and the new employee filled the on boarding survey
- Drafts letters, memos, and short reports of administrative nature as required.
- Maintain schedule and coordinate calendar activities
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Compiling reports with the use of Microsoft office (excel).
- Record and update employee data on database system.
- Arranging department meetings and maintaining calendars
- Request all office supplies, cleaning materials, refreshment items and other HR/Admin purchase requests are processed and procured in a timely manner.
- College diploma or Degree in Human resource management, Management, public administration or other related fields
- Minimum of Three years’ experience for diploma holders and one year for degree holders
- Minimum of six months Intern ship service with IRC
- NGO experience is an added advantage
- Strong organizational skills
- Hands on experience working with MS Office, and HR software (HRIS or HRMS)
- Basic English spoken and writing.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A proven track recording of executing HR-related tasks
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- High ethical standards and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
How to Apply
Applicants should send their CV and copies of Credentials (Education, experience letters and/or recommendation letters) via ethiojobs.net until August 15, 2019.
- Please include names and contact information of 3 references from current and former employers.
- Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.