Oxford Policy Management Limited (OPM) is a world-leading international policy development and management consultancies. We enable strategic decision-makers in the public and private sector to identify and implement sustainable solutions for reducing social and economic disadvantage in low and middle-income countries.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Office Administrator, to join our programme team in Addis Ababa
About the programme:
Building Resilience in Ethiopia (BRE) is a programme funded by the UK Department for International Development. This programme will support ‘the Government of Ethiopia in leading and delivering an effective, more self-financed and accountable response to climate and humanitarian shocks’. The programme will also play a key role in better monitoring and evaluating humanitarian delivery in Ethiopia, particularly under the broader BRE programme.
About the role
Reporting to the Programme Logistics & Administration Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the programme office and support the programme’s operations to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the BRE programme.
As a core member of the team, you will work with team members in Addis Ababa and in Oxford (UK), performing tasks and undertaking responsibilities as follows:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the office and operations on a day-to-day basis;
- Being the first point of contact for visitors and supporting daily office procedures such as ensuring that office safety and security measures are adhered to;
- Managing programme related transport requirements, such as booking of rental vehicles, managing with supplier, tracking usage, ensuring replacements, reviewing invoices, preparing documents for payment.
- Ensuring the office has sufficient supplies, routinely placing orders to replenish and overall facilitating the set-up of our new office
- Recording, tracking and monitoring international travel bookings
- Coordinating and booking local travel, verifying local accommodation as well as travel invoices, and submitting invoices for payment
- Supporting the Logistics and Admin Officer with all aspects of the procurement of goods and services for the programme.
- General Office Administration; Manage the filing, storage and security of documents –specifically for Admin and HR purposes
- Supporting the planning of events through booking venues and all other event need
- Supporting the Logistics & Administration Officer in carrying out procurement processes
- Ensuring compliance to all national, DFID and OPM policies and processes;
- Performing other related duties as required.
Requirements to succeed in this role
- Good previous experience in a similar role
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Excel and MS Word
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Attention to detail and a flexible approach to work;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic.
How to Apply
Candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter and a CV by Wednesday 18 September 2019 with the link below
Your cover letter should outline your motivation for applying, how you meet the required competencies, and how your previous work and education experience will enable you to succeed in the role. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
For full details of how we will use your personal data please see our Recruitment Privacy Notice is available at https://www.opml.co.uk/files/opm-recruitment-privacy-notice.pdf