- Company: Berhan Insurance S. C.
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
To oversee the timely and accurate recording of the accounting transactions and adjustments, as well as reconciliations, making sure that all corporate and audit standards are achieved. They will ensure that all vendor invoices are sent to SSC for processing and that all vendors are paid on time after the payment term. They will maintain all supporting documentation for payment files and journals as per corporate standards.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- The post-holder be Accountable for complete all financial tasks required as part of the period end closing activities, supporting the Senior Accountant, budget managers and SBU leads on accurate and complete financial close process.
- Provide support as required on accounting transactions and adjustments (accruals, deferrals and provisions), including Intercompany accounting.
- Responsible for the reviewing and scanning of invoices within the delegated Category and thresholds, ensuring invoices are supported by relevant supporting documentation.
- Review payment run proposals sent to country by SSC twice a week (including checking to see if they are included in the cash flow forecast for the month) and send to Senior Accountant
- Under the direction of the Senior Accountant, will be responsible for the processing of approved off system payment, refund and petty cash requests, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant policies
- Prepare monthly payroll related transactions for review and processing
- Prepares bank transfer letters for payment of vendors and delivers to the bank twice per week
- Ensure bank statements are shared with the hub on regular basis
- Liaise with the hub to assist the Senior Accountant in clearing bank open items and other payment related queries
- Perform income recognition via IRR or mass upload journal
- Review Travel Claim, Open PO and other reports and follow up with operational colleagues for early closure.
- Assist with reconciliation of all relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed to corporate standards
- Assist in monitoring the existing data on vendor line-item display on SAP to ensure that planned remittances can be processed.
- Complete Travel & Expenses audits as per policy addressing issues in a promptly manner
- Handles cash: Teaching Centre & Exams income, refunds processed cash and petty cash
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/yearly returns to local authorities (includes filing and following up of VAT from authorities, preparation, submission and payment of tax and pension returns to the Revenue’s Authority)
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, or related fields
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function.
- Experience working with SAP.
- Computer Skills: knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Works with project management systems and procedures, and has a track record of compliance with them as a project team member.
Pay band: 4
Salary: ETB 19,049.00
Contract type: Indefinite
Alternative locations the role could be based: Ethiopia
- Experience working in the NGO sector
- Experience working with SAP.