Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #086/2019
GIZ- AU Program
As a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit – is dedicated to building a future worth living around the world.
Around the world, we have over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including rural and economic development, education and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Together with our partners, we work to deliver flexible, effective and cost-effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
As a public-benefit German federal enterprise, we are committed to meeting our clients’ high standards of transparency and accountability. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is our main commissioning party. European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and national governments also benefit from our services.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been implementing development programmes on behalf of the German government for over 40 years together with our national partners. The focus of our work in the country is on vocational education, sustainable use of natural resources, land management and food security, biodiversity and forestry. Other programmes e.g. enhance development of a sustainable textile sector and renewable energies in Ethiopia.
GIZ AU Office Ethiopia is recruiting a fulltime Office Manager for the GIZ AU IPSS Project.
Position : Office Manager
Place of Work : Addis Ababa
Application deadline : May 20, 2019
Required Candidate: One
Responsibilities and tasks
The Office Manager is responsible for steering and ensuring effective and efficient office functions and for providing the necessary support to the GIZ programme. He/she is accountable to the programme team leader (AV).
Secretarial and Coordination Tasks :
- Schedules domestic and international invitations and meetings with external partners including Ethiopian government, AU, Embassies, NGOs etc.
- Coordinates GIZ-sponsored travel of IPSS staff; arranging registration, ticket, hotel, visa and airport transfer for conference attendances; finalizes travel settlements and refunds upon return;
- Schedules and organizes GIZ staff and management meetings and retreats as well as workshops and conferences, handling chair and rapporteur duties as well as circulating meeting minutes
- Arranges logistics for GIZ and external visitors to IPSS (incl. visas, flights, accommodation)
- Handles phone calls and keeps GIZ staff informed of internal meetings and other commitments; provides information to office staff on staff movements (leave, business trip and sick leave, etc.)
- Prepares various official correspondences using standard letter reference procedures incl. email and written, official letters, memos, note verbales etc.; submits for signature the various letters, memos, cheques, service requests and other documents prepared by departmental units
- Provides general administrative and clerical support including filing, binding, scanning, copying and signs for incoming packages and arranging outgoing deliveries
- Keeps track of and updates e-mail, address list etc., both internal and external
- Handles inventories of the projects (incl. preparing excel sheets and liaising with GIZ finance manager); makes sure there is replacement of consumables before total exhaustion/maintains stock records and forwards a copy of goods receiving notes to the admin & finance officer for inventory and quality check.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks:
- Supports Tana Board and Technical Committee meetings through liaising with GIZ finance for collection of hotel proformas, preparation of guarantee letters, ticket booking and payment to service providers
- Assists in and carries out other project activities and tasks given by the GIZ team at IPSS
- Liaises with office managers and other staff at the GIZ AU Office and the GIZ Country office in Ethiopia (German Development Cooperation Office, GDCO
Supports technical project management tasks such as and GIZ knowledge management (DMS) and monitoring as agreed;
QUALIFICATION; EXPERIENCES AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- College or university degree in business administration, management, social sciences or related fields with relevant working experience (minimum 3 years)
- Knowledge in administration/management; experience with travel and travel claim management; experiences in financial management is an advantage
- Experience and knowledge in application Microsoft Office software including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good English and Amharic language skills, written and oral
- High degree of initiative, efficiency, team-working, integrity and accountability.
- Stress tolerance and patience
- Readiness to upgrade skills and continuous learning
- Working according to GIZ rules and regulations, treats information confidentially, specifically in the areas of personnel and finance
How to Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter expressing their interest in Internship. Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship if you are graduated not longer than six months ago. Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email : email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘ Office manager #086/2019’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged