GIZ-Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #186/2021
Climate sensitive land management (CLM)
GIZ is implementing 3 projects in the area of influence of Arba Minch Town (SNNPR). The projects are operating in a landscape approach for the restoration of the landscape, introduction of sustainable agricultural practices, protection of natural resources and management of the Nech Sar National Park.
For the regional office in Arba Minch, GIZ is looking for an administration and finance professional to assist the 3 projects in administration and financial tasks.
Contract duration: Until June 30, 2024
- Ensures a well-organized office secretariat and timely and smoothly performing related administrative tasks
- Ensures cash accounting transactions in a timely manner and in accordance with GIZ’s accounting rules and regulations in order to meet reporting dates and requirements.
- Provides logistics support for organizing meetings, workshops, trainings, field missions: hotel or conference room bookings, supply of materials etc.
- Coordinates meeting schedules and event planning
- Creates and maintains a document filing system according to GIZ rules
Cash management / Accounting
- Prepares and processes all cash and cheque payments
- Records financial transactions on a daily basis: payments, advances, reimbursements
- Arranges and processes payments for workshops in the field
- Ensures timely petty cash replenishment, maintains emergency cash at required level
- Processes and issues cash receipts for all incoming cash and Withholding tax receipt to suppliers
- Maintains record of advances not yet booked in WINPACCS and follow-up on settlement
- Effects monthly reconciliation between WINPACCS booking values and physical cash
- Processes timely monthly closing of cash accounts for transfer to GIZ project office in Addis Abeba
- Keeps financial records according to GIZ standards, ensures proper filing of financial documents
- Prepares payment and internal transaction vouchers
- Supports financial audits
- Deputizes Administration & Finance Officer when on leave
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- University degree (BA) in accounting, office management / administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a relevant position
- GIZ experience (knowledge of rules & regulations, GIZ accounting software SAP, WINPACCS) is considered as additional asset
- English and Amharic (or other languages) fluency, written and spoken …
- Good working knowledge of standard computer applications such as MS Office: outlook, word, excels, PowerPoint
- Solid experience in accounting and financial administration
- Capability of concise and coherent reporting along standard formats
- Ability to communicate adequately to different target groups
- Cooperation skills
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Result-driven and resource-oriented way of working
- Ability to adapt quickly and proactively to changing conditions
- Willingness to learn independently and proactively
- Ability to work under time pressure and being able to multitask
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email : [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘ Office Manager #186/2021’ in the subject line of your email application.
Due to large number of applications we categorize applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”