Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #152/2019
GIZ- Qualifications and Employment Opportunities for Refugees and Host Communities in Ethiopia Program (QEP)
GIZ Programme- Qualifications and Employment Perspectives for Refugees and Host Communities in Ethiopia (QEP) has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in December 2017. The programme is part of the German Special Initiative Tackling the Root Causes of Displacement, Reintegrating Refugees and seeks to provide better vocational training and employment perspectives for refugees and host communities in Ethiopia. The programme leverages the potentials of TVET for integration. Implementation will take place in Addis Ababa, Benishangul-Gumuz, Jijiga, Somali and Gambella Regions.
QEP works on three output levels and seeks to (1) increase the quality of technical and vocational training (TVET), (2) broaden the opportunities of TVET available to the target groups and (3) foster entrepreneurship and exchange formats for employment. QEP works together with the public TVET system and tries to extent the standards of the Ethiopian TVET system to TVET opportunities available for refugees and remote host communities. The programme works in fragile social and economic contexts.
To support the smooth implementation of various activities and the operation at its Gambella Office as well as its ties with the Addis Ababa Office, QEP seeks to hire an Office Manager to be stationed in Shire .
Position : Office manager
Place of Work : Shire,Tigray
Application deadline : September 15, 2019
Required Candidate: One
Duties and Responsibilities
- Focal point for administration and finance related issues at the regional office in Tigray, Shire, and liaison with Addis Ababa office for finance and administration related issues
- Arrange procurement activities in coordination with Office Manager and administration/finance team in Addis Ababa office
- Assist organizing events (trainings, workshops, etc…): solicit price quotations from hotels, facilitate catering and travel arrangements as well as other organisational and administrative issues for the implementation of programme activities in the region
- Handling financial management, such as cash withdrawals, keeping petty cash and the corresponding cashbook, preparing and entering vouchers, checks and travel expense statements of staff for approval by the superior in Addis Ababa
- Responsible to handle GIZ internal financial transaction management software related to the regional office
- Processing settlement of applications for the reimbursement of travel expenses
- Submitting the end-of-month accounts from the project cash books and vouchers to the officer responsible
- Ensure availability of stationery and other office supplies for the implementation of the programme.
- Dealing with invoices, cheques, cash payments and documents
- Assisting with financial planning, monitoring, and accounting for the project in close coordination with the Finance Officer and Office Manager in Addis Ababa
- Filing documents in reference files in line with GIZ’s and project internal regulations
- Drafting letters for internal and external communications and distribution to partners following GIZ letter standards
- Support data collection and knowledge management
- Coordinating effectively with team colleagues in Addis Ababa
- Any other tasks related to supporting the smooth operation of the programme
- BA in business administration, accounting, auditing or similar area or comparable qualifications and skills
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a relevant position
- In-depth knowledge of finance and accounting, inclusive software
- Sound knowledge of public procurement
- Confidential handling of data and information
- Very good working knowledge of ICT (related software, phone, fax, e-mail, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Excel)
- Excellent communication, organisational, and human interaction skills
- Ability to work proactively and in a dependable, responsible manner with great attention to detail
- Excellent language skills (writing, speaking, listening) in English, Tigrinya, and Amharic
- High degree of service orientation and willingness to perform an array of changing tasks in a flexible manner
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email : email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘ Office manager #152/2019' in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.