Purpose of the job
The admin assistant is responsible for all secretarial and office management works. The admin Assistant is also responsible for the office administration tasks including office management, arrangement of consumable goods, managing required stationery and other materials in consultation with human resource director.
1.1 Administrative duties
- Receives letters specifically to the company, memos, reports and messages sent to the company by fax, e-mail and telephone, pass these to the concerned unit as appropriate.
- Drafts and writes letters and memos and gives replies to general queries as required;
- Makes record of all incoming and outgoing documents of the company;
- Directs written or verbal messages of the CEO and the management team to concerned offices or individuals of the company sites and makes follow ups of the same as necessary;
- Receives visitors/gusts/ of all function, provides required information and arranges for visitors to see the relevant department manager or Team member.
- Operates computer, fax, e-mail, photocopy, scanner and other office machines for various office uses;
- Check documents before passing them for signature of the CEO.
- Keeps good record of documents of the office and file them properly;
- Manage the employees in the position of sanitary and messaging
- Ensures good housekeeping of the office; and ensuring that there are adequate supplies
- Assists the CEO and other functional directors in executing routine administrative, and general service tasks;
- Manage and Arranges coffee and tea services to the guest’s, CEO other directors and managers during meeting and training times;
- Follow up work permit of expats when needed, preparing letters for concerned office in relation with work permit and residence permit.
- Raising purchase requests as required
1.2 Office Management and Stores Administration
- Ensures all offices in head office are furnished with required utilities such as electricity, telephone and water as required;
- Ascertains that all office stationery and relevant office items are available;
- Administer receipts and issue of goods such as stationery and other supplies required for central office supply chain team. And avoid shortages by planning and ordering ahead of time;
- Follow up that all flight ticket bookings of employees are made on time and when requested.
- Arrange rentals vehicle in collaboration with executive assistance when the need arises.
1.3 Organizing visitors’ program
In collaboration with department managers
- Prepare itinerary
- Book Hotel
- Schedule all participants of meetings, send out invites and confirm
- Arrange for coffee/lunch/ dinner reservations
1.4 Visa Processing
- Give response to different visa related enquires.
- Organize the necessary documents for visa processing.
- Minimum of three/3/ years’ experience in administration,
- College Degree or Diploma in Secretarial Science and Office Management, computer science,
- Language proficiency in both Amharic and English.
1.5 Leadership/ Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to work under stressful situation
- Ability to organize and structure
- Time management
- Urgency understanding
- Ability to work as a team
How to Apply
Candidates should apply by sending an updated Curriculum Vitae and application letter including scanned educational documents.
- If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by emailing your application to [email protected] or Ethiojobs.net
- Ensure to attach all requested documents for consideration.
- Clearly indicate the title of the position being applied for as follows “Application for office manager/receptionist position” in the title of your Email. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
You can also apply in person at Mexico road, Mezid Plaza behind Addis Ababa University School of Commerce 8 th floor office number 808