The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2019, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial, and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Political Parties' Documentation Officer.
Under direct supervision of the Political Parties Affairs Manager, the political party documentation officer will be responsible for handling documents related with the election process, will examine the validity of documents and compile, store and label all files. S/he will also be responsible for collecting and distributing letters to the responsible parties.
Required number: One
Reports to: Political Parties' Affairs Manager
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Salary: Attractive (Non Civil Service Scale)
Expected Start Date: Immediately after obtaining the contract
· Provides up-to-date information to senior officials regarding substantive political matters and country or regional issues;
· Drafts plans for start-up of operations and participates in the activities of implementation;
· Prepares analytical reports and papers on sensitive and high-profile matters of concern;
· Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects;
· Assist in developing communication material that will assist effective implementation at the local level;
· Provide input on documentation and communication issues to any election guidelines, manuals or other such documents;
· Support to review and refine election information and communication strategy for the central as well as the local level;
· Ensure all political party related documents and paper works (registration document, letters, reports and etc.) are filed properly;
· Receive and check letters and deliver to the responsible offices;
· Sort, organize and maintain documents in secured and designated places;
· Develop an efficient filing system to make updating and retrieving files easier;
· Ensures safety and easy access to the election registration documents;
· Properly store documents into the record system;
· Responsible for handing out files when requested;
· Ensures the safe return of handout files;
· Identify and isolate out dated files;
· Develop and update file handling systems;
· Perform any other task as required;
· Advanced University Degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in Political science, Secretarial Science, International Relations, Law, Security, Development Management, Conflict Resolution or related area is required.
· A minimum of 4 years work experience;
· Experience in the development and delivery of guidelines, rules and regulations in an election context, or relevant and equivalent experience working with civil society organizations and implementing projects;
· Experience in developing outreach strategies and initiatives;
· Data organization and storage knowledge;
· Able to work independently and in a team environment;
· Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
· Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
· Proven communication and presentation skills to large and varying audiences;
· Ability to show initiative, good judgment and resourcefulness;
· Proficient typing skills;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel;
· Fluency in English and Amharic required
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references via email to [email protected] by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and Half day on Saturday.
For more information and detailed Job description, please visit our job portal at http://www.abhpartners.com/vacancy-announcement-list or http://www.ethiojobs.com
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.