Roles and Responsibilities
· Assists the project and facilitation of trainings, workshops, procurements and other events in supporting project managers and project officers at any level as required.
· Undertake documentation of activities by soft and hard copy through close contact of project officers.
· Following up of procurement requests at FO and CO level and establish documentations for project procurements and activity process.
· Requests working/program advances for payment as per approved Terms of References
· Collects working/program advances and make various payments as per the authorization and approval of Budget Holders and in accordance with SCI’s financial management policy.
· Ensures that all payments are made against sufficient, complete, correct and relevant supporting documents duly verified and approved by concerned managers or budget holders.
· Ensures that all payment documents bear “Save the children Paid” stamp.
· Summarizes expenses using relevant expense codes duly authorized by responsible person and timely settle all project advances to finance section of the Field Office before placing a request for another advance.
· Ensures that Government withholding tax is deducted from service fees to hotels, resources persons etc. Rendered outside of the Field Office location and issues receipts to service providers accordingly
· Ensures that all unused cash returned from specific project advance is deposited in SCI Bank account daily and expenditures settled with in three days.
· Facilitates the provision and settlement of travel advances of staff based outside of the FO
· Perform any other activities based on line manager’s assignment.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Minimum educational requirement: First Degree /Diploma in Accounting /Business
- Administration/Banking and finance or related fields
- Minimum experience required; Four years for Diploma and two years for Degree holders.
- Demonstrated experience in disbursement related activities in NGO setting and knowledge about
- Excellent and demonstrated skills in computer Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel, Power
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en