Paradise Valley College is an accredited private higher educational institution, which has been providing its boundaryless service since 1997 E.C./2004 G.C. It offers TVET/Level, first degree (undergraduate programs) and Master degree (graduate programs) in various fields of study. The office is located in Addis Ababa, capital of Ethiopia.
Paradise Valley College (PVC) is committed to provide equal educational opportunities for men and women, and does not discriminate any one on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, religious affiliations, or disabilities. The college believes that everyone has a right to be admitted and treated equally. It welcomes all who want to acquire knowledge and upgrade themselves through quality education and training.
Our college is looking for the highly qualified, skilled, professional and competent employee for the following position:
Duties and responsibilities of the Secretary
The Duties and responsibilities of the secretary are outlined below:
- Able to speak, read and, type Amharic, Oromiffa and English.
- Maintains required speed while typing.
- Good at formatting.
Ensuring meetings are effectively organized
- Liaising with the Chair to plan meetings
- Receiving agenda items from committee members
- Circulating agendas and reports
- Circulating approved minutes
- Checking that agreed actions are carried out.
Maintaining effective records and administration
- Keeping up-to-date contact details (i.e. names, addresses and telephone numbers) for the management committee and (where relevant) ordinary members of the college.
- Filing minutes and reports.
- Compiling lists of names and addresses that are useful to the college, including those of appropriate officials or officers of voluntary organizations.
- Keeping a record of the organization’s activities
- Keeping a diary of future activities.
Upholding legal requirements
- Acting as custodian of the organization’s governing documents
- Checking whether the committee members are present at meetings
- Ensuring organization’s activities are in line with its objects
- Sitting on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels, as required.
Communication and correspondence
- keeping a record of any of the organization’s publications (e.g. leaflets or newsletters) and
- Preparing a report of the organization’s activities for the year, for the Annual General Meeting.
- Performing duties related to different offices, banks etc. as required.
Required Number : 1(One)
- BA Degree and above
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their brief job application enclosed with a cover letter, CV, academic documents and other certificates, and copies of work experience via [email protected] or [email protected] Other related academic documents will be checked in person when the applicant is invited for interview and written examination.