- Company: Technoserve
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
TechnoServe Ethiopia is recruiting for an enthusiastic and organized results-oriented professional to support the Chief of Party with the implementation and administration of a large-scale five-year program in Yirgacheffe. If you want to be a part of a project from its inception this is the opportune moment to join TechnoServe as we move to the next phase of impact within the Ethiopian coffee industry.
If you are a highly organized self-starter with an eye for detail, if you are an effective and dependable team player, if you excel at writing compelling reports that capture our impact story, if you are comfortable with donor and organizational compliance, and if budgets and supply chain analysis excite you, then you may be exactly the person that we are looking for!
In a nutshell, as the Senior Program Analyst you will contribute to the Regrow Yirga program’s deep impact through support to project leadership and implementation teams to achieve programmatic excellence, ensure sound financial management, and maintain compliance with governmental, organizational, and donor rules and regulations. You will work closely with COP in Addis Ababa to oversee project budget functions and provide analytical, administrative and programmatic support to field teams, vendors, and subawardees and other partners. You will provide project backstopping to leadership and work with a range of TechnoServe teams to ensure high-quality results.
The project will help farmers boost productivity and expand trade. Specifically, the Regrow Yirga program seeks to serve 42,000+ farmers, 45+ processing businesses, and coffee industry service providers. The project will launch an innovative Farmer Stumping Fund which will facilitate direct incentive (tools or cash) transfers to farmers to encourage tree rejuvination which has the potential to be scaled up to over 1 million coffee farmers nation-wide.
This USD 15 million project finds its roots in TechnoServe’s 10+ years of experience working with the coffee farmers in Ethiopia. Our work was recently honored as the “Origin Charity of the Year” by the National Coffee Association – the leading trade organization for the coffee industry in the United States.
What we Offer
We offer competitive salaries and career growth opportunities. We offer online learning resources from top universities. We provide regular training to all our staff to equip you with the coffee-specific technical know-how for you to excel. We provide autonomy in your job and freedom to bring in new ideas and initiatives. You get to be part of a stellar team and shape the project from its inception. You will be challenged and grow as a professional. We offer a diverse team environment and highly encourage women and underrepresented groups to apply. And of course… we serve great coffee and host regular fun team activities.
Our ideal candidate –
1. Has a strong, demonstrated experience in financial and operational management with at least 5 years of relevant experience (or a master’s degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience). Management consultant experience at top firm or international experience a plus
2. Has a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, economics, or a related field
3. Deep knowledge of best practices in financial, administrative, and operational management; project management experience and/or certification highly desirable
4. Has excellent written and verbal English skills and a strong command of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint for financial management and donor reporting
5. Demonstrates excellent leadership, communication, and management skills with an adept strategic orientation
6. Effectively manages multiple tasks simultaneously with high attention to detail
7. Is passionate about creating a positive impact and believes in the power of the private sector; experience working in the private sector preferable
8. Embraces our values of collegiality (we stick our necks out for each other), integrity (doing the ‘right thing’ regardless), resourcefulness (solve problems) and results (bias for action)