Job Title: Teacher of English
Job Main Purpose
Expert in CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) with 2 years’ experience, the person selected will be fully and exclusively in charge of planning, preparing and delivering lessons to 3 groups of 20 people once a week (2 hours by group) on Saturdays, in Gambela, from February to November 2020 included.
- Organizes the English Entry level test for up to 200 people (background check)
- Creates lesson plans for students (as per CEFR levels A1, A2, B1)
- Focus on all the aspects of the language (grammar, phonetics and phonology) as per the CEFR) + listening, speaking, reading and writing skills via individual and group sessions
- Prepares teaching materials in advance (copies, supports, etc)
- Follows-up the lessons / homework and give regular feedback to the students
- Adapts the methodology to the group dynamic and to the level
- Creates tests for students (on a regular basis) and correct them for the following week
- Informs (monthly) the Administrator of the objectives reached and challenges faced + proposes solutions and follow-up their implementations
- Ensures that the classroom stays orderly after every courses.
- Recommends (free-online accessible) books for students to read
- Expert in teaching English based on the CEFR (Certified)
- 2 years of experience teaching English (with references)
- Ability to create lesson plans for different levels
- Great pedagogical skills to teach grammar, phonetics and phonology to all levels.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills, knowledge of local language(s)
- Patience, proactivity, dynamism
- Result and quality orientation
- Self-confidence and common sense
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV , cover letter , educational records , work certificates and copy of national ID card either by email to [email protected] (please indicate ¨On the subject box: the vacancy title , ¨ your name¨ ON THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR COVER LETTER) OR give in person to MSF Spain Gambella , Addis Ababa Office.