The Oromia Pastoralists Association (OPA) is a local non-governmental organization established in 2006 to support pastoral communities’ capacities to prevent violence and mitigate its effects through the inclusive design and application of culturally appropriate and non-violent dispute resolution mechanisms as well as promote socio-economic empowerment of women and protection of vulnerable people.
The association through the SCORE Project funded by EU Aid Volunteers and Trõcaire, is seeking the services of a firm to design and build its’s website. The website’s main functions will be to show case and disseminate OPA’s program activities and advocacy work to stakeholders in the development and humanitarian field.
Scope of Work
Under the guidance of the OPA’s assigned personnel and the OPA management, the consultant will be expected to develop a website in two phases.
In the first phase, the consultant will be expected to deliver a basic website that will provide information about OPA, updates on its activities, information on local activities and their events. It will promote visibility for OPA’s operations and allow staff and visitors to join the social networks linked with this website. Also, allow for feedback, access to information such as reports, press releases, events updates and access to OPA’s newsletters.
In the second phase, the consultant will be expected to build a modern interactive interface to allow for a content management system with user guide and train staff on how to access and exchange information on the site.
- Specifically, through the first and the second phase, the consultant will be expected to:
- Present a proposed plan for implementation of website development
- Develop a wire frame and prototype for the website which communicates the OPA’s brand clearly and compellingly;
- Develop the user-friendly (both on the front and back end) design, layout, structure, all including strong visual language and a responsive design for the website
- Maintain an inventory of deliverables;
- Develop a Content Management System (CMS);
- Develop and submit a user-?guide for the website and the CMS, complete with the most common troubleshooting guidelines.
- Train up to 3 OPA staff through the web hosting needs and security setups/controls; and on how to manage the new website CMS and CRM (Constituent Relationship Management – optional);
- Make adjustments to the website prototype and brand deliverables based on feedback.
- Required Qualifications and Expertise
- A legally registered company with ample experience in developing web sites; and can provide samples of websites it developed previously.
- A reputable firm with at least 5 years of prior experience designing visually appealing and Navigation friendly web sites
- Demonstrate and provide examples of previous experience in the performance of similar services, prior experience in developing a website for development and humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- Have a broad knowledge of current web development technologies and design tools in the field, and new software and other web programming languages and programs
- Have excellent knowledge of recent trends in graphic design, web sites, including online video publishing, and social media networking;
- Good culture of communication and capacity to work under challenging working environment
- Knowledge and expertise to prepare a simplified user manual and provision of training on the subject area
How to Apply
Documents required to be submitted are:
a) An expression of interest and CV
b) Scanned Copy of company’s legal documents
c) A brief Narrative proposal (in PDF format) describing how the firm intends to deliver the work including the Previous work done in this area; a portfolio of previous work of webs with similar functionalities developed; and timeline and work plan outlining steps and timeline for completion (to be reviewed and refined together when firm is selected) within the duration of contract not to exceed two months
d) A financial proposal to address the work (breakdown and total amount in Birr)
Note: Interested applicants can request the Terms of Reference (ToR) developed for this service via the email addresses described above.