CYPD (Child and Youth Protection and Development) Manager responsible for overall management of the CYPD program. She/he is tasked with running both education and child protection programs in humanitarian/emergency, recovery and development contexts. In close collaboration with the CYPD Coordinator, she/he is involved in concept note/proposal development, technical support, staff development and supervision, ensuring the budget management and compliance and networking. She/he plays key roles in the monitoring and evaluation of the two sectors. The incumbent will be based in Addis Ababa with frequent (around 50%) travel to the field for monitoring and providing on-the-spot technical support.
· To support and ensure that standard tools and procedures are in place and adhered to
· To plan and ensure the strategic building of the child protection and education sectors and the implementation of quality programs in the field/on the ground.
· To document and disseminate standard methodologies across Education and Child Protection programs
· To provide technical guidance to the child protection and education team in close collaboration with CYPD Coordinator.
· Support coordination of education activities and child protection activities in our target areas by participating in cluster meetings and collaborating with other NGOs and partners.
· In close collaboration with CYPD Coordinator, the CYPD Manager develops concept notes and proposals in response to any possible opportunities in child protection and education sectors based on the needs on the ground.
· Support the expansion of child protection and education sectors into new geographic areas where IRC’s standard methodologies can be scaled up.
· Coordinate with other sectors (HR, SC, etc) and design projects/proposals in a more realistic fashion to respond to the needs with feasible time frame and cost.
Project Planning and Implementation
· Work closely with and support implementation teams to develop work plans, procurement plans and spending plans. ensure that procurement of goods and services those of technical nature are procured with accurate specifications
· Coordinate the expansion of education programming in close collaboration with the education team, relevant field managers, deputy director of programs (DDP) and the education technical advisor.
· Provide technical support for the development of proposal materials including the narrative, work plan, advocacy plan, research plan and budget
· Set up periodic check-in calls/meetings with the field team to see the progress and provide feedback on areas of improvement
· Actively take part in the project cycle meetings to reflect on the needs, success and challenges of the project and lessons learned.
· Ensure that relevant standards, processes and regulations are in place in child protection sector
· Ensure that the minimum standards in child protection and education sectors are upheld
· Analyze the BvA on monthly basis and guide the field team to take appropriate action based on the status of spending of a specific project
· Coordinate quarterly gender and age disaggregated overview for CYPD grants country-wide and ensure accurate beneficiary counting for the CYPD department.
· Track and ensure organized, comprehensive electronic filing of documented findings/analyses using BOX.
Grant Monitoring and Reporting
· Develop/strengthen effective oversight, support and quality control and assessment, evaluation and reporting systems and processes on timely manner
· Ensure regular field monitoring and provide technical feedback on the spot to take corrective measures.
· Provide documentation and dissemination of key findings stemming from monitoring, assessment, and other learning activities.
· Consolidate information collected from the field and analyze it for informed decision making
· Review periodic reports and provide feedback to the field team. Documents the monthly reports for reference for quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
· Draft internal and external reports and share with CYPD Coordinator and Grants Unit within the given timeframe.
· Work in collaboration with the M&E coordinator to ensure that monitoring and evaluation systems are developed (incl. indicator tracking sheets) and implemented in all programs, that activity, output and effect data are gathered in an accurate & efficient manner, so programs are continually tailored to optimize quality.
· Handle the management of donor grants ensuring the program is implemented with conformity with SAP.
Staff Management and Development
· Engage in the technical supervision of field staff in order to fulfil the minimum skills set in the department.
· Experience in managing and/or technically supporting early childhood development, education or child protection programs
· Conduct capacity building training to the child protection and education team members to have basic skills on both sectors
· Involve in the staff structuring of the department based on performance management of the field team
· Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions including staff development plans.
Representation, Coordination and Advocacy:
· Engage and maintain effective/professional working relationships with key partners, including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors
· Regularly attend coordination and working group meetings at appropriate levels to share experiences and challenges with other actors
- MA/BA in Social Work or Educational Planning Management (EDPM); Educational Leadership, Development Management; Development Economics or related field of studies.
- 4 years for MA holders and 5 years for BA holders relevant experience in international NGOs preferably in refugee camps and at least one year of managerial experience
- At least one year of Managerial experience
- Excellent professional track record with at least 3 years of international management level experience within NGO leadership working in child protection in emergency/ humanitarian program implementation in conflict or immediate post conflict environments
- Project management experience.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation experience
- Proposal and report writing skills.
- Excellent representational skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven track record in leading, managing, and mentoring staff-exemplifying good leadership and supervisory skills, team building, and ensuring that roles and responsibilities within the team are clear.
- Computer literate.
- Experience in working with multicultural and diversified workforce.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
Professional Standards : The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Gender Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: We are committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer generous benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified female professionals to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.