Purpose of the position:
The Civil and Water Works Manager will be responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Water Component of the CIFF Funded WASH Project and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all activities and products generated under the project.
S/he will be responsible for achieving expected Water Works outcomes and integration of WASH to NTDs. The Water Works Manager will work with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager to coordinate and systematically disseminate lessons-learned with other partners engaged in the SCH/STH Transmission Break.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Major Responsibilities :
|· Manage the planning, study, design, implementation and monitoring of the CIFF Funded all types of WASH Project Water Works within the designated geographic area of operation.|
|· Ensure the implementation of the Water Works Component of the project is in compliance with donor’s requirements, WV and government policies and global standards.|
|· Ensure the program delivery, evaluation and reporting carried out efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.|
|· Engage in and ensure proper liaison and networking with government, NGOs and other partners of the SCH/STH Transmission Break Project.|
|· Develop and regularly update a detailed project work plan guiding the project implementation and ensure this is used by the project team to monitor project progress.|
|· Guide and ensure the preparation of high quality programmatic and financial reports, for donors and support offices.|
|· Engage in the preparation of the annual operation plan of the program and ensure timely submission of standardized quarter, biannual and annual accomplishment reports.|
|· Engage in reviewing activity vs. budget plan in quarter, biannual and annual basis to monitor the activity progress and budget utilization.|
|· Plan, facilitate and conduct trainings on WASH related programs to relevant staffs and partners.|
|· Engage in and ensure that appropriate human resource performance monitoring mechanisms with proper coaching and mentoring are practiced to enhance smooth staff relations and accountability.|
· Facilitate and handle donors and support offices visits and briefings.
· Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment.
Duration station: Wolaita Zone Capital, Soddo Town
Duration of the contract: For the project period
Qualification required: M.Sc /B.Sc Degree in Water Resource Engineering, Hydrogeology, Sanitary Engineering, Hydraulics and other related fields;
- Experience: 5 yrs for M.Sc and 7 yrs for B.Sc on relevant project/ program management experience in WASH in an international NGO or other big construction organization with special focus on design and contract administration.(hands-on experience in Design production)
- Technical Training qualifications required: WASH Program Management, designing of big water supply systems, contract administration and construction supervision.
- Other team management exposure and basic computer knowledge (word, Excel, lotus note) and advanced knowledge of current up-to-date design software.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with some travel to the field,
- Travel: 60% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 40 %
How to Apply
Interested applicants must require to attach Current CV & fill employment application form which can be found wve-jaf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.