Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
Safaricom Ethiopia is offering a wide range of careers, whether you’re looking to join our technology, commercial or corporate teams. If you would like a challenge and the promise of a digital future for the people of Ethiopia, we are looking for you.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Civil Works Expert in Network Deployment Function in Ethiopia . In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Project Manager , the role holder will be responsible for making assessments and confirmation of Civil Work infrastructures proposed by vendors to be deployed in project from both site design as well as static point of view, responsible for timely completion of project milestones under his scope , Plan, define and manage roles and responsibility of all on site supervisors.
- Plan and monitor daily/weekly CW activities as well as outputs.
- Manage vendor counterpart person and teams to achieve set project targets from both schedule, budget, and quality point of view.
- Make sure all corresponding project tools are being filled and updated properly as set for respective related milestones and documentation.
- Input CW start criteria, completion as well acceptance criteria with coordination with other project parties like site acquisition, design, quality, telecom implementation.
- Plan, manage and monitor project CW related communication, meetings, reporting’s, and documentation are being executed as required.
- Manage Project CW related material, ensure orders are being in place timely to execute rollout schedule, manage and follow up fast delivery.
- Control the CW related material storage to avoid long lasting stock material. Set measurable KPI’s for the same.
- Follow up latest industrial developments to find most feasible, qualified, and quick infrastructure solution.
- Plan and manage needed vendor and subcontractor resources with continues follow and audit.
- Ensure effective and efficiently utilization of all Project resources including but not limited to material, internal resources as well as vendor and subcontractor.
- Validate and confirm site basis BoQ.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering or related field
- Advanced Degrees is an advantage
- PMP Certification is an advantage
- 1+ years of practical experience within in Cellular Networks’ Civil Works
- Proven work experience with operators, vendors and subcontractors is an advantage.
- In depth experience in telecommunication project for civil works in design, estimation, civil works specifications and subcontractor management is an advantage.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on Ethiojobs.net
then Click on the apply button .
Remember to attach your resume.