Organizational and Program highlights
Mekdim Ethiopia National Association (MENA) is registered non-governmental organization. MENA has been funded by USAID Ethiopia under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) initiative to implement a three years Family-focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Program in Addis Ababa. The Program will be implemented by MENA in partnership with different local implementing partners. The activity aims to accelerate and sustain HIV epidemic control in Ethiopia through the delivery of high impact Family-focused HIV prevention, care, and Treatment Activity implementation areas are selected from A.A town 10 Sub Cities.
We are looking for an experienced Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist to ensure our Organization adheres to legal standards and in-house policies. You will be responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects and levels of Grant managing as well as provide guidance on compliance matters.
A great Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist well-versed in legal guidelines and corporate governance best practices. They are professionals of high ethical standards and work diligently to complete their duties keeping in mind the objectives of organization. You must be comfortable saying “no” when necessary and be result-oriented.
The goal is to preserve MENA’s integrity by making sure it stays on a lawful and ethical course.
Communication and Knowledge management activities
- Maintain appropriate system data bases and establish communication of results
- Collect data, analyze using different data bases, produce publications based on donor requirements
- Maintaining and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and Application Software’s
- Establish standardized organizational information technology and communication systems.
- Installing, maintaining and configuring networked and standalone enterprise resources (Printers, Servers, Scanners, etc.)
- Regularly monitoring the entire IT infrastructure to minimize downtime and predict potential system failures.
- Being on stand by and regularly responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests from co-workers.
- Support the design, development, and management of databases, spreadsheets and other data tools; and understand, document, and ensure the quality, accuracy, consistency and comparability of data.
- Support data analysis of available datasets, and produce regular statistical reports, visualizations, and maps, necessary to facilitate service delivery, performance monitoring, and decision making.
- Testing new technology and software and providing training for co-workers when required.
- Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations.
- Ensuring quality control of all information released and demonstrate strong results in PR output and/or influencer relations.
- BSc or MSC in Information Technology, Computer Science, social sciences or related field
- 5-years work experience as in communication and knowledge management position
Additional skill needed to succeeded
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments
- Skills in determining priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive professional attitude
- Ability to represent the project in a professional manner at all times
- Excellent written and communication skills in English language
- Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.