INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Community Contact and Feedback Operator , based in Addis Ababa.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responds to callers using pre-determined answers obtained from specialists in departments and filter the concerns that can be addressed immediately and those that require to be escalated.
· Managing large amounts of calls in a timely and effective manner
· Understands that some concerns / issues require confidential and sensitive treatment and behaves accordingly.
· Immediately flags to the supervisor (line manager) sensitive complaints or issues involving Code of Conduct violations or requiring the involvement of the Delegation Management
· Records the details of each contact with callers in CCC (Community Contact Centre) system and ensures information received from affected people is classified into pre-determined reference categories.
· Ensures all exchanges with affected people (feedback, complaints, questions and responses) are fed into the system and follow-up by relevant department specialists initiated through the line manager.
· Proficient in using clear and appropriate language when interacting with customers to resolve their issues
· Follows up referred complaints and feedback with the supervisor to ensure a timely response to affected people.
· Compiles, cleans analyses and disaggregates data from CCC system to produce regular complaints and feedback reports.
· Participates in dissemination campaigns to encourage affected people to give feedback on ICRC programs.
· Frequently attend educational seminars to improve knowledge and performance level
· May be asked upon request from ICRC departments to call pre-defined samples of people for verification or monitoring purposes (e.g. validity of registered telephone numbers, validity of registered profiles, confirmation of receipt of relevant assistance).
· May be asked upon from ICRC departments to conduct a survey or to call other stakeholders (suppliers, National Society members…), and compile collected data accordingly.
· Diploma in vocational training, Statistics, Social Sciences, Community Development or relevant field.
· Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar field of activity within a busy environment, preferably in non-profit sector.
· Experience in call center environment, with knowledge of call center telephony and technology is an asset as a flair for meeting and talking with people is also required
· Experience in data management, and practical knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Excel).
· Ability to adapt to technology and IT tools.
· Attention to details and organization of work.
· Clear and effective Communication, with high quality of empathy, patience and positive attitude.
· Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types
· Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
· Very good command of English, Amharic and Oromiffa with ability to translate from Oromiffa to English in writing
· Tigrigna and Somali languages, with ability to translate from these local languages to English in writing is an asset.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (Around Megenagna, in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date: February 5, 2021
Women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process