The post holder is responsible for ensuring quality program delivery of the overall Break Free project at community level. She/he ensures integration, collaboration, coordination, communication and teamwork within and across other projects/ programs implemented by Plan International Ethiopia at community level. This role will also support the implementation of Plan’s policy on Safeguarding children and young people in PIE, focus on community mobilization, beneficiary selection for different capacity building trainings in bring positive social and gender norms, promoting access to quality SRHR information, education and services.
Quality Project implementation, monitoring and reporting
· Mobilize different CBOs at community level to address social norms and gender inequality
· Establish and support CC and COC groups at community level for smooth project implementation
· Support and facilitate joint implementation plan of the project with relevant government stakeholders
· Facilitate project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project at woreda and community level.
· Participate in annual planning
· Participate in the assessment and surveys in partnership with stakeholders
· Facilitates effective participation of children, families, communities and stakeholders in project activities
· Facilitate and follow up different material distribution at community level
· Monitor and follow up Community conversation sessions as well as peer to peer dialogs at community level
· Organize different training, workshop and meeting at community level
· Facilitate different field visits programs
· Facilitate different review meetings at community level
· Follow up and support school clubs at community level
· Provide regular technical support to partners and beneficiaries at woreda and community level
· Collect data from beneficiaries that will be used as an input for case story and for other documentation purposes
· Collect and compile monthly report from Change agents, peer to peer groups and youth COC groups
· Provide any project updates on regular bases
· Report training /workshop activity as well as distribution of materials
Networking and partnership
· Work in close collaboration with woreda and kebele stakeholders
· Facilitate joint field monitoring of the project with Break Free members and relevant government stakeholders
- Represent PIE in different networks, meetings, workshops, forums and trainings with NGOs and likeminded organizations at woreda and community level.
- Establish links and good relationships with relevant government stakeholders at all levels.
Child Protection and Gender Equality Responsibilities
· Ensures that the Break Free project implementation is as per the required and expected standards on child protection and gender equality.
· Ensure equal participation and benefit of adolescent boys and girls and children with disabilities in all phases of project implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Social work, and other related field at least 2 years relevant experience of which at least two years’ experience with NGOs.
· In-depth knowledge of GBV, harmful traditional practices, gender equality, girls right and their relevance in their protection
· Demonstrated experience of working on child protection , gender equality, HTPs, civil society development, lobby and advocacy, behavioural change and communications
· Experience conducting joint supportive supervision with key stakeholders.
· Knowledge of effective participatory monitoring and evaluation
- Extensive knowledge of gender equality, child protection, lobby and advocacy, civil society development
· In-depth knowledge of project cycle management and child centred community development programming
· Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
· Gender analysis and gender mainstreaming skills
· Strong negotiation, influencing and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to ride a motorbike with 1 st grade license
How to Apply
The closing date for the application in June 10, 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link through
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.