Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Company Secretary within the Legal & Risk Function in Ethiopia . In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Chief Legal and Risk Officer the role holder will be responsible for establishing the governance of Safaricom Ethiopia including setting up the local board and sub committees. The person will be responsible for ensuring that the board meetings and board related activities of Safaricom Ethiopia are efficiently administered, that directors are provided, where necessary, with the appropriate education, induction, and documentation to ensure they are able to fulfil their mandates efficiently and that the company complies with best governance practice. To manage ethics across the organization .
- Board and board sub-committee meeting establishment and administration.
- Ensure the company complies fully with all statutory administrative requirements.
- Manage the corporate governance process.
- Provide new director education and induction
- Establish a robust ethics programme in the company
- 4-year Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration and related fields.
- 10 years of relevant business experience.
- Proven track record in the role of company secretarial in Ethiopia
- Excellent English language communication skills (written and verbal).
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to liaise with and relate to senior executives, investors, and other stakeholders.
- Assertive and thorough.
- Business acumen.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on then click on the apply button and fill the below form
Remember to attach your resume !