Component Manager S.I.C
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #018/2021
Sustainable Industrial Clusters (S.I.C)
One of the fundamental aspects of Ethiopia’s industrialization strategy is the establishment of Industrial Parks (IPs) around the country. The parks aim to attract foreign direct investments, to increase the country’s exports, to create jobs for the growing population, and to promote the country as a light manufacturing hub on the continent. At the beginning of 2020, IPs in Ethiopia were providing employment for 92,000 people, yet with a high turnover of employees. IPs have the potential to achieve higher prosperity for the regions and deliver a step-change in economic development for the country. The project “Sustainable Industrial Clusters” (S.I.C.), which is co-financed by the UK and Germany, shall promote socially and ecologically sustainable garment and textile production in selected IPs. It shall contribute to this by tackling issues on: park operations, labour satisfaction, environmental and social regulatory standards as well as their enforcement.
The project is looking for an experienced Component Manager who will manage two intervention areas of the S.I.C. project, namely the Standards and Enforcement Intervention Area and Business Linkages.
Duration of contract: Until March 31, 2025
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the Standards and Enforcement and Business Linkages components of the project as Component Manager.
- Staff management for staff in respective project components, following GIZ’s instruments, policies and standards.
- Quality control of work in project components
- Promote socially and environmentally sustainable textile production and park management in the selected industrial parks.
- Develop an implementation plan for the two components based on the project conception and planned budget and steer implementation to ensure project indicator achievement.
- Prepare reports and contribute to Monitoring and Evaluation of the two components.
- Liaise with the Strategy Unit and work in tandem with second project Component Manager to ensure overall project management strategy is implemented.
- Develop and maintain a close network and communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance in the component
- Further tasks as assigned by the manager
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in Business / Economics / Private Sector Development / Textile engineering / Textile Management / Environment / Law or another relevant field (Master preferable)
- Excellent knowledge of Amharic and English language both in speaking and writing, German language knowledge is an asset
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the development or ideally textile sector related to multi-stakeholder engagement, organization and implementation of trainings to various governmental stakeholders, partners and private sector actors.
- Minimum 10 years of project management experience including know-how of state-of-the-art project management tools and
- Previous leadership experience.
- In depth knowledge of the Private Sector Development in Ethiopia, the most relevant institutions, experts, companies and other actors.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, eye for detail and team spirit.
- Excellent self-organization, advisory and negotiation skills
- Profound leadership and managerial skills and the willingness to continuously enhance these.
- proficient computer skills (MS Office, etc.) and a high motivation to independently acquire more digital skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Email: [email protected]
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Component Manager S.I.C #018/2021’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.