Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
Safaricom Ethiopia is offering a wide range of careers, whether you’re looking to join our technology, commercial or corporate teams. If you would like a challenge and the promise of a digital future for the people of Ethiopia, we are looking for you.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) Manager in Cyber Security Function in Ethiopia . In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head of Department Cyber Security , The Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) team is responsible for monitoring, assessing and defending Safaricom Ethiopia Enterprise Information Systems. The team continuously develops and investigates correlated security event feeds, escalating any identified security incidents. They are the primary contact for any suspected security incidents, working together with remediation teams, resolving incidents and foiling Cyber Security threats against the Safaricom Brand.
- SOC strategy / future vision
- Plan, direct and control the SOC functions and operation
- Ensure the monitoring and analysis of incidents to protect People, Technology and Process addressing all security incidents and ensuring timely escalation.
- Direct the Cyber Intelligence capability to identify potential threats delivering strategic reports and strategies to minimize the impact of the threat.
- Leading and managing the Security Operations and team of security operational staff members
- Primarily responsible for directing security event monitoring, management and response and cyber intelligence
- Ensuring incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring
- Ensuring compliance to policy, process, and procedure adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives
- Develop processes to strengthen the Security Operations Framework, Review policies and highlight the challenges in managing SLAs
- Responsible for overall use of resources and initiation of corrective action where required for Security Operations Center
- Ensuring daily management, administration & maintenance of security devices to achieve operational effectiveness
- Ensuring threat management, threat modelling, identify threat vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations and presentation to senior management.
- Co-ordination with stakeholders, build and maintain positive working relationships with them
- 5+ years relevant experience in Cyber Security, SIEM, Event Analysis, Security Incident investigation and management
Should have an understanding about network and security concepts, SIEM technologies (ArcSight / Splunk / FortiSIEM / QRadar, Logrhythm, etc.)
Should have decent understanding about SIEM correlation rules.
Must have good analytical skills and communication skills
Should be able to create playbooks.
Aspire to learn about new threats in Cyber Security.
Industry recognized security certifications like CCNA Cyber Ops,, Security +
- CISSP certification will be an added advantage
SANS certification will be an added advantage.
- Should be able to mentor and guide new joiners in the team.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on Ethiojobs.net
then Click on the apply button .
Remember to attach your resume.