Purpose of the position:
Drilling Operations Manager will manage and coordinate the overall drilling operation, including well drilling, water quality test, pumping test, and electro-mechanical works/installation (pump installation, and power source connection with either solar or local power source). He/She is responsible for the planning and management of the periodic maintenance and services of the drilling machines.
Major Responsibilities :
- · Manage and coordinate the overall drilling operation, water quality test, pumping test and pump installation;
- · Prepare annual drilling operation plan and budget, water quality test, pumping test, pump installation, reports, and follow up its implementation;
- · Ensure the groundwater development is in compliance with community needs, donor’s requirements, WV and government policies and national and global standards;
- · Engage in and network with government and other in country stakeholders, WVE Head Office divisions/departments, Cluster Program and Project offices in the area of drilling operations;
- · Review activity vs. budget plan in annual, biannual, quarter and monthly basis to monitor the activity progress and budget utilization;
- · Make sure and follow up the required drilling supplies and spare parts for the rigs and trucks are in stock;
- · Plan, organize and ensure the periodic and annual services of drilling machines, compressors and trucks;
- · Engage in and ensure that appropriate tools like Coaching For Performance, coaching and mentoring etc are practiced within the department to enhance smooth staff relations and accountability;
- · Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· Experience: 10 years for M.Sc and 12 years for B.Sc with minimum of 4 years at senior position in water well drilling woks and management in governmental, private and /or international NGOs (mandatory to have proven experience in water well drilling management),
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
· Qualification required: Master of Science Degree (M.Sc.) or Bachelor of Science Degree (B.Sc.) in Hydrogeology or Geology or Applied Geology from a recognized institution,
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
· Technical skill desired in Drilling operation and management; Other team management exposure and computer knowledge (word, Excel) working with NGOs and consortium experience is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected] or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."Note: we do not receive hard copies