Project design, implementation and reporting
· Ensure the technical soundness, appropriateness and general quality in project design and planning
· Provide leadership into the project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; assess the outputs, outcomes and impact of program interventions and activities in the program area.
· Oversee project implementation
· Prepare and develop in consultation with appropriate stakeholders annual work plans and project plans.
· Under the Country Lead leadership contribute to the development of concept notes and proposals.
· Ensure effective and efficient management of financial resources, including review and check project budgets, monitoring expenditures, and implementing cost control measures.
· Ensure M&E and learning in close collaboration with the M&E team.
· Ensure quality and timely reporting and documenting of project activities including preparation of quarterly/yearly program progress reports;
· Ensure the mainstreaming of CP, Inclusion and DRR in your program area.
· As part of your responsibility support the ECCE key intervention area.
Policy engagement and networking
· Serve as a principal representative to regional education thematic networks and clusters to promote effective program implementation, to create collaborative and positive partnerships and alliances, and to influence policy that maximizes the impact of the country program.
· Establish links and good relationships with relevant government authorities, NGOs, academic and research institutions and the media, in the area of education to draw information and knowledge for program efficiency and effectiveness.
· Makes follow up and proper documentation of regional government policies, strategies and plans with respect to education.
Partnership development and strengthening
· Periodically collect information on information about other organizations working within the region to gain institution knowledge of the environment.
· In support of the regional manager, manage the partnership in a holistic and reciprocal manner.
· Make it their business to know about other reorganization in the region.
· Seeks opportunities for different kinds of partnership for enhanced quality program implementation.
· Provide support to partner staff, coaching for results and support to the education thematic area team as well as in their individual development and performance management.
· Facilitates communication and interaction between partners/collaborators and Program Unit finance team.
· Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
· Bachelor Degree in education related fields with at least 5 years of relevant experience of which at least two years’ experience with NGOs.
· Demonstrated experience in the management of education projects.
· Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications
· Knowledge of the education sector
· In-depth knowledge of project cycle management and child centred community development programming
· Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development
· Knowledge of effective participatory Monitoring, Evaluation and Research systems and processes
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation
· Strong negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills.
· Numeracy and the ability to interpret financial data, in order to understand budgetary processes including planning, monitoring and reporting.
· Ability to analyse information and evaluate options including planning skills
· A predisposition to collaboratively positive engagement with all other parts of the organisation
· A commitment to communicate in a timely manner.
· Relates to people in a friendly, open manner and engenders trust from other staff
· Creates strong sense of purpose within organisation and with stakeholders
· Humble, supportive, ethical and service oriented
· Promotes innovation and learning
· Pleasant and polite attitude at all times; ability to reflect professional standards
· Able to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
The closing date for the application in 04 April 2022. Qualified candidates should submit the application using the link provided below:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.