Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: End User Support Analyst
The Work at the Foundation
- We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
- The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
- We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
- Reporting to the Lead, Technology, the End User Support Analyst will play a critical role as a specialized technical resource responsible for supporting end users with their computing needs in the Kigali office.
- This individual will be responsible for responding to requests from staff, help them with setting up their devices (laptops, mobile, printers, network connections etc.) and required productivity tools (Office 365, Adobe, Videoconferencing etc.), provide training, troubleshooting, ensuring users do adopt technology through a frictionless and a productive experience.
- The Analyst will perform regular maintenance tasks on these devices, ensuring they are always up to date, functioning securely and at the right performance level.
- This individual will serve as a business partner to staff members, help them have a productive day through exceptional technology support and genuine, empathic customer orientation.
- This role will also provide support to the Foundation’s Executive Committee (CEO, CPO, COO, CHRO) and executives with critical roles, externally facing with Partners and requiring 24/7 support (Head of PAC, Country Heads).
- The Analyst will have the opportunity to influence network and infrastructure decisions and be the voice of the end users within the technical meetings and will also serve as the touch point for staff for issues with local suppliers like Mobile Service Providers or hardware resellers.
- The successful candidate will be based in one of our country offices in Africa (Uganda, Rwanda, Nigeria or Ghana).
Ways You Can Contribute
- Provide technical support for Senior Executive Members (network connectivity, Office 365, conference rooms, printers, screens, phones, videoconferencing, etc.), ensuring they have a frictionless experience with technology services.
- Build and maintain a trust relationship with staff, understand and anticipate issues, hold their hands along their learning and adoption journey, monitor user’s satisfaction levels, and address issues and concerns.
- Remain current with trends, new developments and issues in the IT industry including innovation, current technologies, cyber risks, software, and hardware innovation that could improve the user experience and productivity.
- Monitor IT services to ensure they are consistent, reliable, and securely delivered through active monitoring of error logs and user-reported issues.
- Work closely with the Lead IT to implement proactive approaches to monitoring and reporting on network services that maximize uptime, reliability, visibility, and overall improvements to the user experience.
- Support and monitor local vendors contract and service levels provided to the Staff members. Ensure Staff are satisfied with local technology service providers.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma and/or certificate in IT related fields, or in another field but with deep technical knowledge of end user computing matters.
- 5+ years experience supporting end users on major hardware brands (Dell, iPhone, Samsung etc.) and productivity apps (Microsoft O365).
- Practical hands-on experience on laptops, printers, cellphones, and audio-visual equipment.
- A good understanding of the following Technologies: Windows 10 and Office 365, SharePoint, Adobe, Videoconferencing tools.
- Possesses an intermediate level of network and infrastructure expertise coupled with a high ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Curious and passionate about how existing and emerging technologies and service providers can be utilized to improve existing user experience.
- Motivated by a customer service orientation, a sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency.
- Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills for solving problems with efficiency and calm.
- Demonstrates strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills in complex environments with an aptitude for diplomacy.
- Intellectually curious and flexible, is comfortable with ambiguity and high level of stress.
- With strong ability to proactively address issues, a self-starter, and a self-learner.
- Vendor management and negotiation skills. Experience managing technology services providers.
- Possesses a global mind-set and professional maturity and demonstrates sensitivity to working within different cultures.
- A team player who can work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision
- May be required to work rotating shifts to account for time zones.
- Ability to travel occasionally to accompany Senior Executive members to critical meetings (Board Meetings, Stakeholder Meetings, Conferences, etc).