Elsewedy Cables Ethiopia Plc, is an affiliate of Elsewedy Electric, and the first of its type in Ethiopia involved in production of single and multiple core electric power cables,
Elsewedy Electric is one of the leading energy solution and infrastructure providers in Africa and throughout the Middle East. It has 22 giant production facilities across the globe.
Position Title: Foil Winding Supervisor
Duty Station: Dukem (factory)
Required Number: One
Application Deadline: November 13, 2020
Wind Foil used in electrical components, such as resistors and transformers, and in electrical equipment and instruments, such as field cores, bobbins, armature cores, electrical motors, generators, and control equipment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Setting of the mandrel dimension with the inner diameter of the coil according to design.
- Welding the inner bar with the copper foil by helium welding and adjusting the Ampere and speed of welding machine according to bus bar thickness according to the procedures.
- Adjustment of the number of turns of LV winding on the LV winding machine
- Place the internal cylinder on the mandrel and put glue on it to follow the process of winding according to design. The end of the cylinder should be on top of the bar protecting the entire welding area and below the first turn of foil.
- Adjust the size of the paper required for the coil along the length of the coil indicated with the design by adjusting the paper scissors with equal distance after the two paper rollers by the machine.
- Place the side insulators on their suitable positions without increase or decrease on end rings of the coil.
- Initiate in the winding process with following the counter to adjust the number of turns required by design.
- Place the cooling channels (rods) of the coil according to design.
- Work with great care and accuracy by running foils and paper brakes during the winding process.
- Fix the coil by brakes before cutting the end of the coil with the foil scissors.
- weld the outer bar on the foil after the number of turns is complete.
Education: BSc degree in relevant field
Experience: At least four years relevant work experience
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV through www.ethiojobs.com or in a hard copy
Address: Elsewedy Cables Ethiopia PLC Snap Plaza 3rd Floor
P.O. Box-3238 Code 1250, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel. No. 0116 616161/0116 62 3466
Elsewedy Cables Ethiopia PLC is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed applicants will be contacted