- Cooperate for baseline, gender analysis and EIA studies
- Closely work with RESILIENT WE thematic officers/specialists and respective area government sector offices so that gender issues are effectively mainstreamed into sectors by sector with relevant indicators updated,
- Undertake the preparation of detailed annual activity vs finance, purchase and other required plan and follow up its implementation
- Participate and contribute formative research even after gender analysis along project implementation phases to identify key gender issues
- Undertake capacity gap analysis, develop related materials and carry out gender training based on project logic model for staff and stakeholders relating to both attitudes, behavior and implementation of RESILIENT WE,
- Identify/stretched/establish women centered CBOs, FBOs and the like towards empowering. For instance, make sure women/girls are integral part of leadership;
- Provide tools and support the design and implementation of gender related checklists and toolkits and guidelines for the implementation of gender mainstreaming to all project and partner staff
- Ensure the project scaling principles such as co-learning, cost effectiveness, inclusiveness, climate smart, and sustainability
- Ensure Women & girls empowered and gender equality improved;
- Ensure targeting is aligned with the project,
- Review and validate gender related targets and indicators of the project and consult with the RESILIENCE-WE team in PA
- Ensuring gender integration , Introduce inclusive and context based key Gender Transformative Approaches for the target area/ district/
- Undertake execution of RESILIENT WE DIP with women & girls centered,
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure all concerned are familiar with gender equality tools and approaches to be used in day to day programming
- Provide technical support to project and government staff on the implementation of RESILIENT WE and support Woreda stakeholders
- Facilitate coordination and communication between project team and stakeholders, particularly in the target district
- Contribute for the preparation of communication and advocacy strategies and action plans
- Regularly monitor, review and evaluate the implementation of project on gender mainstreaming, take appropriate and timely action and extract lessons learned for future program development and implementation closely working with AP MAEL (where available) and CPO MAEL Coordinator
- Ensure that learnings are applied in the DIP revision
- Contribute to the documentation of good practice and learning. Ensure the documentation of successful practices, publications,
- Contribute for the development of gender related technical documents and opportunities for reflection
- Deeply engage with RESILIENT WE Livelihood Officers towards ensuring gender smartness
- Liaise with other Woreda level INGOs, LNGOs, and Government representatives and take active role in forums, task forces, core group meetings and consortia related to all cross cutting issues for learning, experience sharing and joint action implementation.
- Jointly (plan, leverage resources, execute, monitor & evaluate) RESILIENT WE within team and stakeholders
- Work closely with NEWA/WRO team on context based human rights (HR) on the effectiveness of safeguarding arrangements.
- Review safeguarding planning tool for program design and implementation.
Committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected (if risk happens) women & girls meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity.
- Identify/stretched/establish women centered CBOs, capacitate, engage & empower
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of campaigns around gender action/awareness raising
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Experience : At least 4 years of experience in Gender and related areas, program/project implementation
- Extensive training in the fields of CP/GBV, Pyscho-Social wellbeing, case management and application of international technical guidelines and standards in Child Protection and GBV.
- Knowledge, skills of, and ability to implement integrated CP responses, including GBV.
- Awareness of or interest in community based protection mechanisms.
- Project (people, program and finance) management, networking, executing sequentially integrated program
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
BA or MA Degree in Gender, Social Work, Sociology and relevant field of social sciences Training on child protection, GBV Proven experience in designing and implementing child protection and GBV trainings to a variety of stakeholders . Having motor bike license add value
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Must have proven analytical/problem-solving abilities
- Rich experience in handling productive meeting
- Rich experience communication
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and with a team
- Strategic, creative and innovative thinking
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Appropriate skills and experience in the gender-based capacity building and training of staff and partners
- Has a good command of oral and written English language and knowledge of the local language( Oromifa) is preferable
How to Apply
Following the Link here under you can apply on Work day International Job.net.
World Vision has zero-tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply with world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."