The ITWU water supply system is characterized as a multi village water supply system with main bulk supply pipelines with various infrastructure along the routes to convey and provide water to Itang and Thurpam towns and the three refugee camps, namely: Kule, Tierkidi and Nguenyyiel.
The ITWU General Manager (GM) is responsible to manage the provision of efficient and effective operation to the Itang Town Water Utility (ITWU). The GM facilitates the implementation of the utility policy and procedures at all levels. The GM is responsible to ensure the overall implementation of the business plan of ITWU. He/she is expected to grow water production and distribution, profits and increasing return. The GM reports directly to the board who is the governing entity of the ITWU. The GM facilitates the monthly board meeting and manage any communication between the Board and the Chairperson. The GM also serve as the secretary during board meetings.
The Itang Town Water Management Board intended to recruit qualified General Manager for Itang Town Water Utility (ITWU). The GM will work to create, maintain, and facilitate an effective and efficient water utility having both technical and administrative system within the organization. The GM is responsible to ensure both policies and procedures on ITWU management are implemented.
ESSENTIAL RESULTS OF THE POSITION:
- Ensured water is produced and distributed effectively and efficiently to clients.
- Ensured acquiring competent managerial team, maximize productivity of the available manpower by motivating and making efficient use of their time.
- Ensured the implementation of systems, strategy, policy and procedures at all levels.
- Administered and managed all departments to plan their activities and finances; as well as control budget and optimize expenses.
- Ensured the water supply scheme to be efficient and effective to supply water at affordable price and acceptable quality.
- Ensured goals for growth and sustainability is in place.
Job Time: Three years with possibility of extension
- Bachelors of Science (BSC) degree in engineering (Master’s Degree is preferable in Business Administration) or related field;
- At least eight (8) years for BSC degree holder or for master’s degree holder six (6) years; of which 3 years’ experience working in management and experience in a senior position is a plus;
- Strong interest to learn, adapt and cope with any assignment and easy to adapt and fit-in;
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills excellent partnerships & people management skill and ability to build relationships;
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively in diverse multicultural environments and to work and deliver under pressure;
- Demonstrates analytical and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and a high degree of personal initiative;
- Reasonable knowledge of relevant government laws and regulations in the country;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching;
- Good skills in Microsoft Office Suite specifically in excel;
- Fluency in English and Amharic is essential; fluency in at least one additional Ethiopian language is a plus;
- Ability to work under pressure, long work hours, and high workload;
- Ability to independently organize work and prioritize tasks as well as work with teams.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) a CV (maximum 5 pages)iii) other supporting documents through
- Gambella RWB
- Gambella town
- Itang ITWU
- Thurpham town
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.