The German Red Cross Supported projects coordinator is responsible for the overall project management which includes planning, budgeting, implementation, provision of technical support, monitoring and evaluation, timely and quality reporting as per the schedule and provided formats and standards. The Project Coordinator is responsible for ensuring quality, coordinated, implementation of the German Red Cross funded projects in Ethiopia with an emphasis on quality programming, ensuring project compliance with donor regulations, implementation of M&E plan, reporting tracking indicators and accountability and learning including capacity building of field project staff in quality data collection. The coordinator will be responsible for ensuring smooth coordination of GRC funded activities with the ERCS branches, ERCS HQ and GRC delegates. The Project Coordinator responsibilities also include liaison with diverse stakeholders including technical units, government partners, and international and local NGOs.
The Project Coordinators will actively work with the DRRD and PMER Department HQ level to get an approval and ensure alignment and minimum standards in the planning, monitoring and implementation of the project. The Project Coordinator at the HQ level also provides technical support to the project Coordinators/officers based in the field in consultation with the department and some key program staff.
Besides to the above-mentioned projects, the project coordinator also supports the Disaster Risk Reduction department in proposal writing, Assessment and planning when in need of by the department.
Key role and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsible for the coordination with ERCS HQ, ERCS branches and GRC on implementation of German Red Cross funded projects in Ethiopia.
- Ensure that all documents (plans, ToRs, reports) are submitted to DRR department and German Red Cross focal person for review and input.
- Support in the planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting for the smooth and effective implementation of the project.
- Ensure proper adherence to the project objectives and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each phase.
- Developing project monitoring and evaluation tools such as M&E plans, tracking on indictors, Post Distributions monitoring and
- Ensuring the lessons learnt are incorporated in the projects.
- Capacity building of staff and volunteers on Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead in the data collection and analysis and reporting on findings and recommendations.
- Assess project risks and issues timely and provide solutions where applicable.
- Closely follow and comply with the minimum requirements, deadlines, forms of donor require, and actions required for successfully implementation.
- Ensure stakeholder views, complaints are well collected, analyzed, and acted up on timely in consultation with the ERCS DRRD and GRC Delegate.
- Adhere to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
Coordination and Planning
- Coordinate German Red Cross funded projects activities (WASH, Shelter, Cash Assistance, Emergency Response and other development projects) with relevant departments at ERCS HQ, branch level and with GRC delegate.
- Support the project staff in the preparation of monthly and weekly implementation plan, project schedules, get the approval of the DRR department and project delegate.
- Ensure that the implementing branches and the branch level project coordinator fully understood the activities and are in equal pace with the plan of action at the national level.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Actively participate in the weekly RCRC movement coordination
- Support in the development of project proposals.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting
- Develop and implement Monitoring, and Evaluation Plans based on the project proposal, and log frame.
- Develop and the implement the Community Engagement Approach for the project as per the RCRC movement guidelines.
- Develop and implement project activity tracking tool and regularly update the tools.
- Leading the field monitoring activities including field data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Ensure that the findings and the recommendation of the monitoring and evaluations exercise are incorporated in the project for improving programming.
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Ensure procurements and distributions are done as per the procedure – according to ERCS and donor compliance and all supporting documents are in place.
- Coordinate with project staff and ensure that quality progress reports are submitted timely – monthly, activity and quarterly narrative reports.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting periodic narrative reports on quarterly basis based on the donor’s format and with all the supporting documents to the GRC delegate for a review and then submit a revised version before the deadlines-
- Support in developing and implementing progress report templates.
Networking, capacity assessment and documentation
- Undertake capacity assessment and baselines.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Establish, participate, and record all project team meetings for each activity and initiative undertaken by branch.
- Maintain and ensure stakeholders participation in all phases of the project.
- Ensure proper documentation of the project implementation process and achievements.
- Capacity building of staff and volunteers on PMER and data collection.
Job Grade : XIII
Work Unit: Disaster Risk Reduction Department
Reports to : Disaster Risk Reduction Department head
Duration : 1 year with a possibility extension based on satisfactory performance.
Educational Qualification required:
- MSC/BSC degree in Disaster Risk Management/ Disaster Risk management and sustainable development/Development studies/project management/Agricultural Economics/Natural resource management/ Climate change and development.
Work Experience required:
- 8/10 years of relevant work experience in second degree and first degree respectively in working relevant areas. Proven project management and coordination skills and experience are considered an advantage. With at least 2 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Strong leadership skills and proven experience in actively working and coordinating with external stakeholders (government, rural communities, other NGOs)
- Experience working with an NGO particularly with internationally funded projects will be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian situation in Ethiopia and key procedures to operate in such context such as the Sphere Standards, the core humanitarian standards, the good enough guide etc.
- Good skills in context scanning and strategic thinking.
- Exceptional coordination and inter-personal skills.
- Very good written and spoken English Skill.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint, (Kobo skill is an asset)
- Ability to independently organize work and prioritize tasks.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual
- A good team player.
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to [email protected] before the closing date of this announcement on March 4 th , 2021.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.